New Remingtons

I always lean toward the skeptical in case like the shiz show Remington let itself become pre-bankruptcy. I will say that we have yet to get any of the new RemArms products back for any reason, which I take positively. Folks are still be cautious with the 700s but the 870s are moving solidly. I hope this all adds up to a return to "the good old days". As for jumping into the premium space......we shall see. Sportsman's has them listed at $1759, that is Seekins money and you will DEFINITELY have to prove to me they deserve to live in that space. Full disclosure, a crappy Remington 710 in '06 is what I took my first deer and 2 elk with and I am currently waiting on a Seekins in manbun......

I always lean toward the skeptical in case like the shiz show Remington let itself become pre-bankruptcy. I will say that we have yet to get any of the new RemArms products back for any reason, which I take positively. Folks are still be cautious with the 700s but the 870s are moving solidly. I hope this all adds up to a return to "the good old days". As for jumping into the premium space......we shall see. Sportsman's has them listed at $1759, that is Seekins money and you will DEFINITELY have to prove to me they deserve to live in that space. Full disclosure, a crappy Remington 710 in '06 is what I took my first deer and 2 elk with and I am currently waiting on a Seekins in manbun......
Does Seekins use an aluminum reciever? At least Remington left off all the unpleasant fluting. mtmuley

Does Seekins use an aluminum reciever? At least Remington left off all the unpleasant fluting. mtmuley
Only the Element has an aluminum receiver, and the impact portions of that are steel. That is the the mountain (+- 5.5 lb ) rifle. I suppose the fluting (there is none on the HIT) is a matter of taste for looks, but functionally it is a great alternative to carbon wrapped barrels.

That Alpha is a nice looking rifle. Weight is better suited to larger chamberings, IMO. If the Mountain Rifle and/or the 7600 come back, that will get my attention.

Too bad the alpha doesn’t come in stainless. The $1800 price tag I’ve seems a little high. I think they could sell them for $1400. I can put the same rifle together for right around $1600 except it would be stainless.
What action would you be using?

Are you saying you could put the same rifle together, but it would just be stainless, and not cerakoted, or are you saying the Alpha 1 isn’t stainless? I can’t see what they claim it is, but I assume it’s Cerakoted stainless instead of Cerakoted chromoly.

Last edited:
What action would you be using?

Are you saying you could put the same rifle together, but it would just be stainless, and not cerakoted, or are you saying the Alpha 1 isn’t stainless? I can’t see what they claim it is, but I assume it’s Cerakoted stainless instead of Cerakoted chromoly.
I believe it’s a cerakoted moly if I read correctly

I've got 2 buddies from my last unit who were pretty accomplished "professional" shooters that have and LOVE Waypoints. I haven't gotten to shoot them yet (Springfield didn't being them to their last range day) but would love too. I think their price point after not having made any bolt guns in so long was/is a bit high.

I believe it’s a cerakoted moly if I read correctly
Kind of a shame. I’d much rather have a stainless barrel.

I’ll likely use a Christensen action for my next build if they’re still selling them at a reasonable price next time I can afford to build something. Stainless, cerakoted, already built for long cartridges, and I don’t have a bunch of parts to list on eBay.

KYgunco lists a price of a little less than $1,600 for the Alpha 1, but I don't know if they have any currently in stock. It seems like a lot of rifle for the money. I do not think I could build a similar rifle with the same features for that cost.

Where did you find that info? mtmuley
Thought I remember reading they were a 5r chrome moly barrel cerakoted but maybe my brain just registered cerakoting and thought chrome moly. I’d have to do some digging. Would definitely be good if they were stainless. I REALLY want to put my hands on one

Where did you find that info? mtmuley
I see they come with a straight trigger. Wonder why they went that route. Never have shot a rifle with one maybe I’d like one. I see midway has them priced at $2140 and coming soon it says.

Back