Caribou Gear Tarp

New recipes for a new year?

If you’re into juicing, here’s a nice breakfast beverage to accompany your venison steak and eggs:
1 habanero
1 orange
2 carrots
1 inch ginger root

You’re welcome

I have so much meat i am trying new things, not some family recipe but (lem/cabelas) venison bacon mix. Add a extra cup of real maple syrup to mix, smoke/slice and then fry up as wanted. ..wow its good, not true bacon but i REALLY like it.imageedit_1_4154316409.jpgimageedit_0_6775120940.jpg

Did some goose pastrami the other day. It was excellent. I usually do all my geese into sticks or jerky. I don't see that happening anymore, the pastrami was so much easier/faster and I actually enjoyed the finished product better. Probably go half jerky half pastrami this year. Will also be turning quite a few ducks into duck bacon.20220110_201350.jpg

We always have a few different pepper plants in the garden and this year we had more habaneros than we knew what to do with. I put hot sauce or green chile on basically everything so I tried a couple of times to mimic/tweak one of our favorites - Marie Sharps from Belize. Here is where I landed and it’s like crack for me. Add it wherever you would add hot sauce.

10 habaneros
2 jalapenos
3/4 onion
8 garlic cloves
Brush a little olive oil on them. Roast in oven @425 til just cooked. Then broil til slightly browned

Juice of two limes
3/4 cup distiled vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons salt

After things are broiled, put everything into the pot and bring to boil. Then reduce to simmer for 20 minutes.

Let cool, and then pulse in food processor until the right consistency. I like it slightly chunky. I then bottle this in one of the Grolsch, swing top beer bottles and it keeps in the fridge forever.

If you want to tame it a little and add volume, you can also add a carrot or two in with the peppers when you are broiling.

Back