New recipes for a new year?

Dougfirtree

Anyone find any new recipes over the last year, that will be future classics? Wild game dishes, or accompaniments. I'm in the mood for some new ideas. I'll throw one out there that I believe everyone should try. Super easy and super good:

Chipotle mayo for burgers (or basically anything else). Takes about 5 minutes to make.
In a cuisinart/blender:

Roughly one cup of mayo
Approx. two canned chipotle peppers (with some of the sauce from the can)
A good handful (yes that's a technical term, but it's probably a cup, or so) of cilantro
Teaspoon of salt

Blend

Eat

You're welcome!
IMG_5248.JPG

I'm really enthused about making chili with shanks.

Cut your shanks into pieces, brown, and braise overnight. I put chili seasonings and stuff in my braising liquid. Next morning shred the meat off the bones, and return the meat to the crockpot. Add beans, and give it 3 hours or so on low.

All that goodness off the bones makes for a really rich and filling chili. I greatly prefer this to using ground meat. Makes for a fantastic winter meal.

Crock pot delicious: Any roast from deer, elk or antelope, or a couple lbs of stew meat. Put in the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours, along with salt & pepper, a splash of Worcestershire sauce, 4 cloves crushed garlic, 1 small red onion cut into 8ths, 1 cup bone broth, 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, half a can of apricots and half the syrup. Serve over mashed potatoes with a side of steamed broccoli.

Going to do; haven’t yet, when we have our annual “sausage party” a Chile Colorado Venison Sausage
Seen some recipes online but my wife makes one hell of a Chile Colorado so I will work w that

I forgot to take a picture, but we recently did garlic whine and herb marinated and butterflied specklebelly breasts on the pellet grill to med rare, and then sliced thin. Then I sautéed bell peppers and onions and we had fajitas. It was delicious!

This isn’t a new one for us, but too good and easy not to share for anyone who likes crockpot roasts. 2 cans cream of mushroom, 2 packets Lipton onion soup mix, one onion sautéed in half stick butter. Combine all these, put some on bottom of crockpot, place your deer, elk, lope, etc roast in and add the rest of the mix. Throw a few carrots in and put on low for 8ish hours. When it’s done, put on warm and make a pot of homemade Mashed potatoes to go with it. The gravy is delicious.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back