Caribou Gear Tarp

New Pup

mplane72

With all the extra time being spent at home lately and my waterfowl itch beginning to resurface I finally caved and agreed to bring another dog into the house.
Meet Stormy. 7 week old Female.
FB_IMG_1590580625438.jpg
Not as in Stormy Daniels or any other stripper. I read this book as a kid and it did a lot to fuel my desire for a good retriever. It took a lot to convince my non-hunting and non pet owning parents to let me get my first Lab. I've owned this book and most of the others by the same author for almost 30 years. My youngest read it not long ago and when plans changed to go to a black dog he lobbied hard for this name and finally wore my wife down. To say she's happy to have another female around is an understatement, hence the pink popcorn. I did put my foot down though as far as a pink collar.
images.jpg
This will be the first female I've owned. I'm interested to see if I notice any real difference. She also comes from pointing parents. I haven't hunted upland in a long time but am now curious to see if how that would work out. First night home was rough but the last 2 nights she's only whined once to go out and then stayed quite until morning.
20200527_062956.jpg
8 yr. old Scout is still not sure what to think about the new addition. He's been tolerant but not willing to play. Definitely a bit jealous. Our new house has an open stair case he won't go up. I think I saw a bit of shame in his eyes this morning as he watched her climb right up it.
20200527_061839.jpg

Very nice! Hard to beat the family loyalty and working potential those breeds bring. In the end, a whole heck of a lot of love!

Congrats!

Great looking pup, makes me want another one! Our two labs have a similar age gap and interesting relationship. Pretty sure the young one loves the old dog, but she plays rough and is a little more high energy than the old one wants to put up with. Good luck, the puppy stage is fun and challenging

Congrats!

A friend once told me that old dogs hate new dogs until they love them. :)

We had a bit of an issue with Greta (3 years old) when we brought Annie in. Make sure the old dog gets plenty of attention & doesn't get sleeping space or food displaced otherwise they may get snippy & short-tempered.

Good luck & enjoy the not sleeping!

congrats on the new pup. Good looking dog. I have a 5 yo yellow female. Son brought over his pup and my dog turned into a crabby bitch. Put the pup in its place a couple times and all was well.

Back