Yeti GOBOX Collection

New Montana Grizzly Management Plan

MTLabrador

Haven’t seen this posted yet, but FWP just put their new grizzly management plan out for comment. For those interested, the hunting stuff starts on page 99.

Haven’t seen this posted yet, but FWP just put their new grizzly management plan out for comment. For those interested, the hunting stuff starts on page 99.

Couple of random thoughts. I didn't read the whole thing. Most of it seems like a lot of words that say nothing, but I noticed a few things.

1- check the maps. That beautiful clearing you use for your elk camp may be a grizzly bear release site. LOL
2- I don't see how FWP can't have target population number for both populations In the FAQ - "FWP considers that establishing a statewide numeric minimum, optimum, or maximum population objective would not be useful." They talk a lot of about robust, thriving populations, but are unable to put numbers around that? Or maybe we assume the Feds set those minimum numbers like they did with wolves?
3- I noticed the plan very delicately danced around hunters versus landowners getting tags, ultimately saying nothing. Interesting that they even brought it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back