New Mexico

Oak

Expert
It will be interesting to see how draw odds shake out this year with NM breaking down their large pronghorn management units into smaller game management units. We will no longer have 90% of applicants putting down the same three hunt codes. I'm guessing that there might be some good odds for some of the tags. Thoughts? Do you like the new structure?

I just printed off the regs to start making my plans. I think more units will help the odds for sure, especially when the magazines list off the top few for everyone to apply to. Once I've really looked them over I'll have a bit more input.

I am excited to see how it all shakes out this will be my first go of it in the NM draw though so not much experience

I like the new system. It should give better odds for the units that are not rated at the top.
Jay

Damn, I hate it when people are paying attention. Nothing slips under the radar these days. I plan to be somewhere in NM, hunting antelope, at sometime this year.

Damn, I hate it when people are paying attention. Nothing slips under the radar these days. I plan to be somewhere in NM, hunting antelope, at sometime this year.

I haven't hunted antelope here since way back when every bowhunter that applied got a license. Wow how things have changed. I hope you make it here this year Randy.

--Bill

Back