PEAX Equipment

New Mexico is going up in flames

Never let a good crisis go to waste. Throw some lefties on the fire.
Have you figured out yet that maligning a whole group of your fellow Americans and some HTers who disagree with your political views won't get you likes or a red ballcap here? Generally, Republicans are less in favor of public lands than Dems, and this is primarily a public land hunting group. Issues tend to outweigh party affiliations here.

Peruse this list of my fellow lefties. You may recognize some names like Presidents Ford and Reagan, Einstein, Tim Allen, Nikola Tesla . . .
Even Randy Quaid. Or maybe you won't.

Wildfires have never been a great source of amusement here, for the same reason.

We do strive to maintain our sense of humor, however.

Good luck this fall, Jack!

Likely bigger than 700 acres at this point. Maybe burning in recently twice burned, so perhaps keeping severity down a bit. Hope the fire history keeps it constrained some.

View attachment 222562

View attachment 222563
That area has burnt good before so it should be OK for a few days. Lots of dead timber tho.
Not to leave Oak out a new fire near Durango ...

Reactions: Oak
Have you figured out yet that maligning a whole group of your fellow Americans and some HTers who disagree with your political views won't get you likes or a red ballcap here? Generally, Republicans are less in favor of public lands than Dems, and this is primarily a public land hunting group. Issues tend to outweigh party affiliations here.

Peruse this list of my fellow lefties. You may recognize some names like Presidents Ford and Reagan, Einstein, Tim Allen, Nikola Tesla . . .
Even Randy Quaid. Or maybe you won't.

Wildfires have never been a great source of amusement here, for the same reason.

We do strive to maintain our sense of humor, however.

Good luck this fall, Jack!
I got all the ball caps I need, thanks.

Options abound besides red with white font
Only red and white ball cap I own is from about 1986 when IU won the NCAA Championship.

Camo is more my color, with a light in the bill but honestly I hardly EVER wear 'em any more is why I have so many. They never wear out.

Hermits peak/Calf Cyn. fire is moving west into the Pecos now.
Cow Creek , and Las Colinas under evac now.

Dry Lightning along the Tejas border possible into the fire areas.

I had -21 dew point the other day, humidity 2%.....very red moon last night and at the set this morning.

Likely bigger than 700 acres at this point. Maybe burning in recently twice burned, so perhaps keeping severity down a bit. Hope the fire history keeps it constrained some.

View attachment 222562

View attachment 222563
Black Fire IR at 9 PM last night said about 18,700 acres, but GOES fire detection suggests it made a big run east after that. Wouldn’t be surprised if it added a few thousand acres.
Edit to add map of IR perimeter.
CFFF44CF-C474-4AE6-A5E2-D3D9A47DAA94.jpeg

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back