Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

New Mexico is going up in flames

Inciweb is probably the best website for updates, but it's typically only updated 2x a day unless there is emergency information such as evacuations.

Twitter can be a good source of more immediate information. You just need to judge the veracity of the source. On Twitter, search for fire name hashtags, such as #calfcanyonfire, and then select "Latest."
inciweb has been lacking this year on good info,imho
NM Fire has had multiple daily updates with accurate maps.

I believe BD lives in Alb., Europe.

New fire in Zuni's cause? There hasn't been any lightening strikes. Will folks start to use their brains. Saw big turkey camp site last weekend. Huge stack of firewood next to fire pit. Crossed my fingers that they read the FS signs or had half a brain.
Did you report it to the district office?

I know, right? When I have reported violations to FS, nuthin' but crickets.
Well I can understand in some ways.
They have been threatened & killed here , FS staff.
I was looking at a simple FS maint. job in the Pecos in 09'. Replacing a guy that was shot.
In 08' when I retired, 2 Park Rangers were shot and killed in CA. I was involved in a shooting 2 years before.

Well I can understand in some ways.
They have been threatened & killed here , FS staff.
I was looking at a simple FS maint. job in the Pecos in 09'. Replacing a guy that was shot.
In 08' when I retired, 2 Park Rangers were shot and killed in CA. I was involved in a shooting 2 years before.
A maintenance guy was shot? Long ago when I worked trail construction for NPS, that and maintenance seemed quite safe, @ least compared to enforcement. Except for my crew member who liked to roll giant rocks while others were working below him.

A maintenance guy was shot? Long ago when I worked trail construction for NPS, that and maintenance seemed quite safe, @ least compared to enforcement. Except for my crew member who liked to roll giant rocks while others were working below him.
Yep, the guy had just stopped to tell some one that firewood cutting in the area was closed due to wildfire conditions...

Unfortunately looks like another big day on the north end of the Calf/Hermits Peak Fire. I really hope you get a reprieve from the wind soon.
Calm morning with a breeze today. 1st time in a week. 75 today.

Up north ,not so fortunate and another day of 45mph winds from the south.
This fire is just 60k acres short of the big Whitewater Baldy fire 10 years ago now and will most likely pass the 400,000 acre mark.

1st day in a month that somewhere in NM is NOT in red flag warning status! Still exceptional drought across state.
Nice here, but I could see the plume of the Bear Trap fire in the San Mateo Mtns from Pie Town,100 mi away yesterday. This fire is 8k acres now and burning the rare alpine/conifer zone that had existed there.

Back