Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New Mexico GMU 12 Late Cow Tag

A-Rock

Hello All,

I have a buddy stationed down in Clovis, NM who was able to get a late cow tag in NM GMU 12. He has never hunted but is extremely comfortable in the back country due to his job and is excited to learn. I've E-scouting in the wilderness study areas in the SW region of the unit and it looks like there maybe some good watering holes there. Does anyone know these areas who would like to let me know if they hold good herds? Anywhere else in this unit to consider? Not looking for a honey hole just somewhere to find some cows. I'd prefer a PM to keep the info off the Web!

My home unit. Snow on the ground with thaw during the day now. Bad road conditions during day & 4x4 required with good tires. Water not a problem now. County & state roads access BLM & STL,all dirt. Fairly easy hiking country. 6500'-9k'. Have onx,know where you are. Lot's of wary elk.
Good luck & good hunting.

I guess I wasn't specific enough on honey holes.
Maybe he is one of the many getting stuck after the sun thaws the roads in the muck and they just keep driving farther from the hwy on side by sides.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely be wary of road conditions. No side by side hunting for us. We'll get out and hike/glass and see what we see. Sorry to bother.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely be wary of road conditions. No side by side hunting for us. We'll get out and hike/glass and see what we see. Sorry to bother.
Any luck with this hunt? I put in for this unit and just trying to get a sense of what I'm in for if I draw.

Back