Caribou Gear

New Mexico Emails are going out!

Back door method was true for me as well! First season elk archery Unit 48 here I come! Get to learn some new country, and start poring over maps! Maybe this year I can get one to cooperate just right, and put a tag on my first elk!!! Can't wait!!

Well the kid lucked out and pulled unit 34 elk. Would be his first big game animal if we can put one on the ground.

I suggest learning how to cow call.

Hint, Paul Medel is your friend.

Great tag, I'll be up North of you, a month later.

Thanks for the advice. I see Paul has a bunch of videos online, I'll have to start studying them. I'm a total novice at bull elk hunting (that is what you get when you live in Utah where all elk hunting is OIL).

drthornton, that tag was my first choice, I never thought I'd draw it though. NM has been good to me lately. My wife has drawn 2B archery and 2C archery as well in the last few years. We've never punched a tag, but the hunting and scenery is always top-notch.

I really don't want to eat tag soup on this one though. :D Wish me luck.

Well the kid lucked out and pulled unit 34 elk. Would be his first big game animal if we can put one on the ground.

So, that's who got my 1st choice. Archery, muzzleloader or rifle???. Beautiful area that is. Good luck and keep us filled in on the hunt.

good luck to all
the dog

First time applying to NM and pulled 16a second archery season with my dad!! Should be a good hunt!

Drew 3rd choice for elk. Unit #52 (any weapon), Oct 18-22. I'll be doing it alone, so if anyone else out there drew that tag and needs a huntin' buddy..... call.

Now, cow Elk hunt in Colorado, mid September with a friend, Antelope or Mule deer in Wyoming the first week of October with friends...... I think that someone is going to get "UNFRIENDED" this year.

good luck to all
the dog

Swing threw Idaho and pick me up..... seriously....
Matt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back