New Mexico Elk Gear List...prologue

noharleyyet

This'n'll most likely be an OIL ticket ride for me...one more wake up and it's off to the Land of Enchantment. Temps look to be dropping and possible precip next week where I'm headed. Have busted butt getting gym ready but came up with a bum shoulder due to a tree getting in the way of my motorcycle labor day weekend. So it looks like I'll be hiking with a light weight shooting tripod for the brockel supa-mash lazer.

It's been humid and hi 90's here all week....

I just started gathering my kit up last night and checking off the boxes... A new quilt arrived from Hammock Gear two days ago and I am so glad I did it. My previous bag weighed around 6 pounds and I loaded everything on to the trigger scale last night.

Hudson Teepee from Jimmy Tarps
18" cylinder stove from Lite Outdoors with 7.5 foot pipe
8 lightweight tent spikes
Hammock Gear Quilt.
9x9 tyveck ground sheet.

6.5 pounds total. Damn thats gonna save a whole bunch of space in the pack. All of that fits into a Mystery Ranch Large load cell, and my previous bag took up the entire load cell.

Good luck on the trip out to NM. I am looking forward to leaving on the 23rd and making the drive.

A longtime hunting bud going with...barely had enough room in the 2500 for his ancient percolator but the coffee will be worth it.

mtmuley, the little 7 brockelMash is the Bruce Lee of magnums...; )

...out'a here fellas, play nice.

A longtime hunting bud going with...barely had enough room in the 2500 for his ancient percolator but the coffee will be worth it.

mtmuley, the little 7 brockelMash is the Bruce Lee of magnums...; )

...out'a here fellas, play nice.
Good luck!

Some of my best hunts have been no shot fired. Some of my best hunts have been successful and a good shot and clean kill. It is all fun.

Glad you enjoyed our state.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HUNT7503
Back