Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2014 New Mexico Elk Hunt

That's was the best elk hunt story I have read on here.. great hunt and effort. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Thank you for a great story!!
I kept reliving blips of past hunts and experiences........"nobody is going to believe this"times.
When/if you get back this way, come by . I'll buy you a cuppa!!!

Amen to a great story. You can't beat being around elk for an entire hunt. I would take that 'vacation' any time.

Congrats on time well spent with family.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It is really hard to convey an experience like this through words with my limited writing and photography skills! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Putting these stories together really helps me relive the hunt, and this is one I want to relive as often as I can!

Wow... You rank right up there with the best storytellers on this site. That was great! Congrats on a great hunt.

Well, well, what am I suppose to do for the rest of the day? Your story should be in the Bugle, you did great at taking us on your hunt. Well done Sir! John

Great write up, great hunt, and great memories!
Really enjoyed sharing your adventure - thanks for taking the time to post.
Impressed by the positive attitude throughout the trip - it makes a difference.
Congrats!

sounds like you were into the elk pretty thick, learned a bunch and spent some quality time with family. Sweet 2 weeks in my opinion. Your writing skills and the anticipation had me hooked from the beginning. well done fine sir.

I really enjoyed this thread and can't wait to see the next one !

There are professional outdoor writers that have never put together a story this well! Fantastic story.

Excellent write-up. Thanks for taking the time to share. You had me on the edge of my seat.

What a story. Great effort on both the hunt and the story. Better than anything I've read in a magazine in years.
Makes me want to reconsider my anger at NM for cutting NR tag allocations.

Back