Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

New Mexico Archery Elk - New ground, same game.

Glad to hear you got the camera situation resolved, now go make Pekin a tv star. If that doesn't work out I'm sure PeeWee,Ridge Runner or Romeo would be glad to help.

Pekin is flirting with disaster. He is back up here again, singing love songs. A few other bulls are trying to sing harmony, but they are amateurs. Since I know I have a camera tomorrow, I am just trying to kerp tabs on him for the morning. Even in this strong wind I can hear the ruckus.

Found another way into this spot. Comes up right where they bailed off last night. Tonight they are headed down the ridge I came up last night. That gives me a petty g ood feel of where they might be on the morning.

Also hearing another bull up wind. As hard as it is blowing, he could be a mile away and I could probably hear him from down wind like I am now.

Fin
If it helps any, I was in a DQ eariler and had a dour dip of chocolate. We were setting there eating and I started laughing. The wife asked why. I then showed her the pic of you in NM at DQ and Starbucks. Any way we both had a good laugh and drink for you. Good luck Peking better beware.

Good luck Randy,glad to hear things are working out for the best. Hang in there and hopefully you'll pull it off! Awesome Montana bull, hope you can add a great NM bull as well, you're taxidermist would be more than fine with both I'm sure :)

The question Big Falls was whether or not Pekin was Three Bills, or not. Well, after looking at Pekin this morning, I think his rack about three and a half bills, and maybe more. Not sure what he did to his drivers side, but that kind junk is just my style.

Someone was already in my spot this morning, so we came on from below. Wind sucked and we couldn't get front of them. Had to parallel and then try to catch them. They got to the beds before we did. Cows came by us very close as they milled around looking for a napping place. Pekin left the bed with one or two cows. Going to let them bed for the morning and get him this afternoon.

Such thick stuff, I doubt we even have footage that is distinguishable as a bull. I glassed him across a canyon at three hundred yards. Got a good look. Sure any rifle hunter would want him, let alone an archery hunter.

Off to find some more.

If It was me and I knew another hunter was working the same bull, I would be "waiting" in a escape route. That way if spooked the bull is coming your way instead of chasing it. You have been there enough to know where he may slip if pushed. Use that other hunter to your advantage.

Fin has set his sights on Pekin, and I gotta admit, I wouldn't want to be that bull!

Been on the ridge for over an hour. Not a peep. No other hunters. Last two nights they were yodeling by 5:30. Just when you think you have a plan figured out, the entire gig changes. Such is the cruel way of public land elk hunting.

Here Pekey, over here big boy.

Well, we finally found them. Too late to get in on them. They snuck off the bedding ridges with out making a peep. At about 7:00 all hell broke loose about three quarter of a mile below us. Took off running to catch them, but they had too much of a head start and were moving away from our position.

Tomorrow is a different day. Getting in there 45 minutes earlier tomorrow. Will be right on their lap when the sun comes up.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJS4KIDS
Back