Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

New Member of the Family

elkrchr

The week prior to Christmas, we had to put down our 12-year old Vizla, Sage. Our son had been asking about getting a dog that could be his for over a year. Upon arriving home from the vet, my wife and I were checking e-mails and low and behold, there was an e-mail from the GSP breeder we had purchased Storm (our six year old GSP) from. He unexpectantly had two people back out on puppies at the last minute, so he sent out an e-mail to people who had previously purchased dogs from him. Talk about devine intervention, we looked at each other and made the phone call. We surprised our son with an early Christmas present. I present to you Ares! The week after Christmas we took him out with us to central Oregon so he could follow along and learn from Storm. He loved the snow and did quite well for only being nine weeks old. Anyway, I hope to be able to share many Storm/Ares adventures with the Hunt Talker's in the years to come.

Attachments

• Wyatt Ares.jpg
    Wyatt Ares.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 705
What a great picture. It's pretty hard to be puppies and kids.

Looking forward to your adventures together.

Can't beat that, that's a great photo. Going to be some great days in the field with them.

Great photo! My sister just got a couple GSPs as well, they are fun dogs! Looking forward to hearing the stories.

Congrats on the new member of the family. That photo is an essay on family, hunting, kids, dogs, conservation, etc. all rolled into one. Brittany Chukarman is right, send that into ODFW!

Awesome picture! Your son looks about the same age I was when my parents let me get a German Wire-haired Pointer. There is not a much stronger bond than you form with a dog you raise and train when you are that age. Also many lessons in responsibility and maturity were learned caring for and working with my dog, the memories of hunting with her will last a lifetime. Now that she has been gone for 3 years, I find myself remembering fondly and wishing that good dogs lived longer. Hope your son gets at least as many as the 13 years I got to spend with my dog.

Thanks for the wonderful comments guys! I think I will send that photo it to ODFW and see what they think. I have another really good one of Wyatt, his .410 and a ruffed grouse he shot this past fall I think would be worthy of sending in as well.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back