New Guy - question about packing out meat

This thread has some funny parallels to the we’ll take your truck thread.

Anybody have a story about a buddy who didn’t want to take their new rifle hunting?

I have used a plastic bag a couple of times without issue but I was not comfortable doing it. I worried about the meat and most likely will not do it again. I have probably got bloodstains on my camo colored meat pack but it doesn't bother me at all and if they are there they are not easy to see (just adds to the camo pattern). I wash it in cold water as soon as I can and it does not smell bad or look bad. I just use a garden hose and let it soak for awhile then rinse it off.

A few years ago I was on a hunt and a buddy asked if he could use my pack to pack out his buck. He had used mine before and I didn't think it was a big deal. I then asked him why he wanted to use mine since I knew his was in camp. He said he had never used his and he didn't want to get it bloody. I then told him "no you will never use mine again." He purchased a nice pack but didn't want to get it bloody????

LOL I don't like to borrow squat or be dependent on anyone if I can avoid it. I prefer to get my own gear and that. I don't care if my gear gets bloody. I wash it out as much as I can but beyond that, I just don't care too much.

There's nothing quite like pulling out a back pack or gloves during the off season and smelling dried elk blood. Mmm mmm mmmmmm.

There's nothing quite like pulling out a back pack or gloves during the off season and smelling dried elk blood. Mmm mmm mmmmmm.

One think that will piss me off though and big time is when someone gets their pants bloody and comes in one of my tents and gets them dirty. I make everyone change clothes outside the tent when bloody and it don't matter if members of the opposite sex aqqre present or not.

If someone has left blood stains on their pack they are being lazy. Wash it up. Plastic bags should be avoided if possible. Less air flow. Just clean it up after your done. Little hydrogen peroxide just don’t let it soak in the peroxide. Wash it up and rinse it. Let it air dry well.

Blood is blood...Blood ,Guts ,Gore and Viens hanging
out of my Teeth!! Thats the way I Roll. 😎
Omg and 50 color photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back telling what it is and how to used against me in a court of law
only us old farts will get this

Omg and 50 color photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back telling what it is and how to used against me in a court of law
only us old farts will get this

Old farts are us!,glad you recognized that... what it was for what it is!(Not many of us remember "The Good Ol' Day's") 😎

This thread has some funny parallels to the we’ll take your truck thread.

Anybody have a story about a buddy who didn’t want to take their new rifle hunting?

Took a co-worker out Quail hunting,He was carrying a Browning gas operated
semi-auto shotgun.A group of birds flushed and he emptied all 3 shots at them.
Clean misses,he proceeded to spike his VERY expensive gun into the dirt!
Funny thing he had shot at a group of sparrows.AND the shotgun was
his dads... :cool:

I usually pack a lightweight but heavy fabric meat bag to place the game bags into. Having the double layer stops a lot of the blood. I still get blood on my pack though, sometimes it is my own.

Cold water and regular old detergent. Hot water sets the stain. For small spots or un-washables, rub an ice cube on it and blot with a light colored cloth.

My mother was a nurse 🙂

Yep, my wife used her regular REI backpack for packing some meat out and cold water cleaned it up. I waited a couple months to clean my hunting pack and clothes and cold water cleaned that up pretty good too.

If you leave the bone in the hind quarters there is a good chance that you will lose meat to bone sour, especially if you are hunting early season. That large leg bone will retain heat and rot it from the inside out.

Old farts are us!,glad you recognized that... what it was for what it is!(Not many of us remember "The Good Ol' Day's") 😎
amen brother but I do I prob can still go word for word and get most of it right funny the things we remember

amen brother but I do I prob can still go word for word and get most of it right funny the things we remember

I know,like dirty rhymes we learned in grade school.
Like this old saying:Chinese population explosion ,By:Wee f--- em'Yung.
Pregnancy at the gas station by:Who pumped Ethel?
Great a really bad trip down memory lane! 😎

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back