New from Idaho Panhandle

You are going to could have a hard time driving a lot of those roads in April unless it’s a warm Spring. Especially if you’re trying to get up high and glass. I’d recommend driving low and glassing up.
Thanks, that’s what I figured. I did find a basin with a road in the middle that stays below 4,000ft pretty deep into it, and e scouted several decent glassing spots that I can hike to up out of it. This is my plan. If I like the area I may try to go back a month or so later and drive some of the higher stuff

Brand-new to this site, I've fished Eastern WA and North Idaho my whole life and I'm just getting back into big game hunting, got an antelope and whitetail last year. I always seem to find myself on this site when doing research, and have always come away with lots of great insight, so I figured I'd join.

I'm planning an ID bear hunt the last weekend of April, and I want to be somewhere where I can get up high and glass a lot of country. Mid fork area near Idaho City seems promising. Anyone have experience with that area in spring?
Morning I hunt around Farragut a lot as it’s out my door love the white tail , seen bear around hoodo last year but didn’t have tag if you’re interested in getting together let me know always looking for good partners

Brand-new to this site, I've fished Eastern WA and North Idaho my whole life and I'm just getting back into big game hunting, got an antelope and whitetail last year. I always seem to find myself on this site when doing research, and have always come away with lots of great insight, so I figured I'd join.

I'm planning an ID bear hunt the last weekend of April, and I want to be somewhere where I can get up high and glass a lot of country. Mid fork area near Idaho City seems promising. Anyone have experience with that area in spring?
Saw bear on hoodoo mountain last year think I’ll take a drive up there as soon as it’s drivable and take a look there’s been logging going on last year hopefully they got done

I plan on driving down and camping along the Salmon river east of Riggins, and hiking into as many drainages north of the river as I can, and hopefully finding some green areas to glass.
Jump off points for the north side of the river are limiting.

The end of April is not too early.

Saw bear on hoodoo mountain last year think I’ll take a drive up there as soon as it’s drivable and take a look there’s been logging going on last year hopefully they got done
Good luck give a shout if in area . Always looking for a reason to get out

I'm planning an ID bear hunt the last weekend of April, and I want to be somewhere where I can get up high and glass a lot of country. Mid fork area near Idaho City seems promising. Anyone have experience with that area in spring

Hello everyone! I also just moved here myself and plan on doing some spot and stalk for bear this spring as an excuse to glass some new country and test out some gear

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back