New Experience with Electricity (or an ice pick in my tookus)

David658

Well, Saturday morning I met someone from Mr. Rigor Mortis's office, a bastard going by the name of Mr. Sciatica. Stabbed me in the butt with an ice pick while I was out in the yard doing some Christmas decoration work, putting that process on hold.

Been working hard to get ready for my Ibex hunt, hiking with a pack multiple times a week. This sure turns that off - I almost fell a couple of times stepping into the house, leg went numb. Fingers are crossed I can work back out of this and get moving again. The helplessness when this thing goes in spasm is disturbing - I don't like to have to ask my wife to do stuff for me, I am of the bent that I like to help out. Well, none of that now.

Any of you folks dealt with this? So far, I'm icing, and trying to move around some. A bit of stretching, but until I get to a doc I am slow to start to do much on that count. And, yes, Alleve.....

David
NM

I like heat better than cold. Try a hot bath with some Epsom salt in the water. Also may want to try some cbd lotion on it.
I'd be careful though. I used to work through the pain. But now realize that I was just making things worse. But I had a family to support so no choice. Listen to your body

One thing that has really helped me is cleaning up my diet. Its all inflammation and a lot of that is caused by what we eat. But keep moving and keep stretching

Epsom salt bath & a foam roller tend to be my favorite remedies for muscle spasms. if that doesn't work then it's Flexoril & Hydrocodone until it calms down.

I like heat better than cold. Try a hot bath with some Epsom salt in the water. Also may want to try some cbd lotion on it.
I'd be careful though. I used to work through the pain. But now realize that I was just making things worse. But I had a family to support so no choice. Listen to your body
It is killing me to just be here at the house - the Christmas lights I was working on are still waiting up on the roof to be finished. I get tempted, then I stand up....

I am one of those stay-home-and-get-well believers, pushing thru either gets one hurting worse (like now) or gives a bug to someone else. And my boss doesn't hand out hero rewards.

I would be careful with stretching until you get a chance to see a chiropractor.
Saw a chiro today - he was optimistic I'd be over it soon, things popped back into position pretty well. But no stretching recommended at this point, so I will refrain.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back