Yeti GOBOX Collection

New Boots....

Digital10

Okay, I've been running Irish Setter Elk Trackers for the last four years (my first pair of hunting boots); I think they are solid and would not hesitate recommending them to almost anybody.
However, it is time to move on up. I'm looking for a high end boot. Price is not an issue. I want something that is high (12 inch), great ankle support, rugged, and able to be rebuilt. Paying top dollar, I expect exceptional customer service.
Kenetrek is an option and probably a solid choice, but I want a pair of Russel Moccasins.
I hunt steep canyons, mesas, high plains, and will be moving on to mountain hunts soon.
What else is out there and what would you guys go with?

Last edited:
I wear my Cabelas Meindls for everything from squirrel hunts in Aug, to elk in Oct, to pheasants in Dec. I like 8" or 10" tall, all leather uppers, waterproof, with a rubber toe rand. IMO, the brand is less important than fit and a lot of good brands have been suggested.

Okay, I've been running Irish Setter Elk Trackers...
. I hunted for several years wearing my Elk Trackers and they were very comfortable, but then purchased Kenetrek Mountain Extremes and found them to be the most stable, supportive boot owned. I hunt some steep slopes during varied weather, moisture, snow conditions and have found the Kenetreks to be the best boot for side hills and steep mountainous terrain. They fit me snug and comfortably warm, with no problems from the first day I wore them. As the most expensive boot I have owned, yet they are easily worth the price.

I wear my Cabelas Meindls for everything from squirrel hunts in Aug, to elk in Oct, to pheasants in Dec. I like 8" or 10" tall, all leather uppers, waterproof, with a rubber toe rand. IMO, the brand is less important than fit and a lot of good brands have been suggested.

I'll second this. Granted, they're my first legit pair of good boots, but I have zero complaints. Used them for an elk hunt ID (with zero blisters/issues), treestand hunting back in Maine, and ice fishing.

I wear my Cabelas Meindls for everything...

These are the best boots I've ever owned. Just ordered the uninsulated for summer stuff. For guys like me with grotesquely wide feet, the fit is perfect.

Another +1 on the meindl's. I initially bought them due to having irregular feet and I have to try on my boots before buying and those were the only ones I could find locally. I've put about 50 miles on them so far including gaining and losing elevation, crossing streams, etc. So far they have met or exceeded my expectations.

I have Meindls as well best boot by far I ever owned. Great ankle support on steep hills.

I have had 10" Perfekt Hunters and now am wearing the 10" Alaskan Hunter... Both are great, solid boots.

I currently have 4 pair of Meindls and give them my 100% endorsement. I have one pair of Perfekt 10's, a pair of Perfekt Hikers, a pair of the black duty boots, and just bought a pair of the Alaskans to break in over the summer before my trip to CO in early September.

The Perfekt 10s' are 5 years old and have close to 350 miles on them ( if memory serves me), the Perket Hikers have almost 200 miles on them, the duty boots I have no idea but wore them to work for two years every day and since then I wear them to cut the grass twice a week at 2.5 miles each time.

The Alaskans I have been wearing around the house this week and I am impressed so far. They definitely are stiffer, as the full rubber rand will do, but they feel really good on the feet.

One thing I did was replace the insoles with some superfeet greens. Made a huge difference after the original insoles got a little hard. Now I wear nothing but the superfeet greens in everything that goes on my feet.

I have friends that wear Kennetreks who love them, and one friend who has a pair that were new this year and destroyed them on a barbary hunt in NM. Huge chunks missing from the side of sole. He bought a pair of Scarpas a month ago and his exact words were " they aren't Meindl's". Yes they are lighter, but the ankle support is not as good as what his old pair of Meindl's. He hunts hard and is on his feet patrolling the Rocky Mountains as a Conservation Officer when not hunting/scouting.

Try them all on if you can. That is what I did.

I too have Meindels. 3 pairs. Worn the brand for 6 years.
Awesome boots for me. Perfekt hikers and Western Guide which are great.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back