MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New bit of gun lust.....

The Accufit stock might get me to buying one of Savages new offerings, if in LH. My oldest (10yo) is big enough to handle a full size rifle, but his little brother (7yo) is not. The new stock looks like a very nice way to have an adjustable/modular stock for him as he grows. I currently have a Savage action with a custom barrel on it. There's lots I really like about the Savage action; 3pos tang safety, Accutrigger, floating bolt head. I could see me having another one in the house.

That would be great! Having two sons that shoot LH makes 'deals' tough to find. Never considered it before I had to start outfitting them...

The plight of being left handed sucks. When it's time to outfit my oldest she will get the last of my right handed guns and this new savage storm in left handed is currently at the top of the list 7-08 for my new deer gun. Lefty guns are tough, my last one I ended up with a tikka.

Am I the only one that noticed they have 2 6.5 creedmoor offerings? I assume it's a typo. Different SKU numbers but same specs. Maybe one is meant to be 6mm Creedmoor?

The plight of being left handed sucks. When it's time to outfit my oldest she will get the last of my right handed guns and this new savage storm in left handed is currently at the top of the list 7-08 for my new deer gun. Lefty guns are tough, my last one I ended up with a tikka.
It does. I'm waiting to see if the stock will fit older Savages and if it can be purchased seperately. Currently the boys are using a LH Ruger American in 243 and sometimes a Marlin 30-30. I'm hoping that they each have a bolt action of their own by this season. The Tikka would be a great options as well, but I'm more into the Savage/RAR price bracket for them now. If momma will agree, they'll probably both get custom/semi-custom rifles as HS graduation presents that should suffice for most any/all hunting they will do. As tough as rifles are, I find the options in shotguns to be even worse...

Am I the only one that noticed they have 2 6.5 creedmoor offerings? I assume it's a typo. Different SKU numbers but same specs. Maybe one is meant to be 6mm Creedmoor?

I noticed that last night and hoping it is a left hand model. Probably not but I'm going to call Savage sometime today and ask. More likely its a different caliber like you said.

Last edited:
I noticed that last night and hoping it is a left hand model. Probably not but I'm going to call Savage sometime today and ask. More likely its a different caliber like you said.

I just got off the phone with their customer service and the first 6.5CM listed, SKU 57074 should be .243. No lightweight lefty yet.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back