MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New Appointment to head BLM?

The administration is throwing bones to the Utah delegation, big piles of bones. When your title is Deputy Directory, Policy and Programs, you have some serious clout when it comes to policy direction of the agency in which you are part of.

Might want to contact your elected officials and put them on notice that appointment of these kind of people is not appreciated.

If you doubt where the new BLM Deputy Director of Policy and Programs stands on the idea of public lands, read his opinion article here - https://www.nationalreview.com/2016...should-sell-western-land-follow-constitution/

The Federal Government Should Follow the Constitution and Sell Its Western Lands
By WILLIAM PERRY PENDLEY
January 19, 2016 9:00 AM

These are his words. These are not words made up by a reporter. This is his vision for public lands in America and he is now the Policy Director of the largest public land agency we have, the Bureau of Land Management. That should concern all who hunt or otherwise use these 248 million acres of BLM surface lands and the 700 million acres of subsurface mineral estate.

This is not an unexpected result of the current administration...The only thing I'm surprised about is that it took this long for someone like this to be put into a position of power.

Is this an appointment that will require a confirmation? If so is that in the future or already past? I’ll call my senators and will do some research first, but it would be good to know exactly what I’m asking for so I sound more like a concerned and informed citizen rather than some redneck that’s going to complain about everything.

How does the Utah delegation wield such influence?

Here is how it works; "You help me, I give you the keys to the kingdom."

By agreeing to be the point of the spear on many controversial policies the administration puts forth, they get rewarded for their willingness and loyalty. The Utah delegation has some of the "safest" seats in Congress, demonstrated by their tenure and history. They can act almost with immunity and the administration rewards them for their willingness to support its policies, however questionable.

When questions of public lands come up, there is not a single high-level person in the administration that has public land policy very high on their list. When public land topics or concerns come up, the first people who get the call are from Utah.

Is this an appointment that will require a confirmation? If so is that in the future or already past? I’ll call my senators and will do some research first, but it would be good to know exactly what I’m asking for so I sound more like a concerned and informed citizen rather than some redneck that’s going to complain about everything.

No confirmation required.

Between hobbling BLM leadership functions by scattering those DC positions across the country, and circumventing Directorate confirmations by appointing openly hostile “acting” directors like this guy, seems like someone really has it out for the BLM.

So, why no call to action from any of the conservation organizations? Or maybe I missed it. Maybe there's nothing that can be done?

"These lands are managed in accordance with “multiple-use” principles, which means they are to host a variety of activities, including energy and mineral development, logging, grazing, and recreation, to name a few. "

I think the order in which these are listed speaks volumes to his intentions.

"These lands are managed in accordance with “multiple-use” principles, which means they are to host a variety of activities, including energy and mineral development, logging, grazing, and recreation, to name a few. "

I think the order in which these are listed speaks volumes to his intentions.

They don’t call it the Bureau of Livestock and Mining for nothin’.

The most upsetting thing to me is that this will fly under the radar of most Americans. Hopefully Pendley’s tenure is as long lived as much of the people that have come and gone in this administration. With a powerful goatee like that though, he’ll likely earn a sweet nickname from Trump and be around awhile.

Hmm... Well this sucks.

Off to send Senator Daines a letter. Likely useless to send one to the big G though I will just to be a voice opposing these sorts of Jack Thuggary nutballs... and probably not much to gain sending one to Tester.

The most upsetting thing to me is that this will fly under the radar of most Americans.

I just checked. It’s not on CNN or FOX.
I’m not saying these stations haven’t written something that you could find with a search. But if you go to their websites and scroll you’ll see nothing.

Unfortunately this issue matters very little to either party on the coasts.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back