MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Nevada - Is it Worth it?

Oooh look at me I'm on a cruise.
I only posted a few pics because I had minutes available, and there are many toads hanging here that make unprovoked personal attacks with lying accusations, and even post cartoons like the kids they prove they are every day. Actually cruises are hardly some sort of luxury. They are dirt cheap, even less than staying at a Marriott hotel for the same 5-6 days. I think it's a good option for some cranky folks living their lives on hunting forums during the February off season. Not my personal choice, but for my wife on our ten year anniversary.

How about checking in on a hunting forum full of strangers the second you get reception while on a cruise ship vacation and then posting selfies of yourself while doing so? Super weird man.
No, what's super weird is making unprovoked personal attacks on common hunting forum members who are simply answering an OP's question, when the owner of the forum completely agrees with the opinion of said member. Yet the attackers refuse to acknowledge or criticize the forum owner's vastly experienced opinion, even when it's not in the interest of some of his sponsors LOL.

I really don't get forum participants that think making unprovoked personal attacks on other members is cool. I've never done that one time in my life, going back to the beginning of the internet. Hell, I was even one of the very first Bowsite members back in 1996. Never done it. Never seen a need. Just lack of courtesy. But I guess it shouldn't be a surprise, the way some trashy parents refuse to raise their kids properly these days. I even witnessed quite a few during this vacation. Or maybe they're just cranky due to TX governor Abbott shipping all the illegal migrants to their liberal blue states? :ROFLMAO: He has sent zero to my Indiana, and our governor was one of the 13 proudly standing behind him in his recent press conference. Glad to support them with my taxes! Biden can go to hell, where he belongs.

I mostly post on here to help other members, due to my experience. Hell, Randy and I began applying the same year, and we even exchanged PM's on various units back in the 1990's. Some were very glad they listened to me, such as the dude from Idaho who scored a 399" bull in 2020 by adhering to my advice over many others.

Cruise officially over.

IMG_0735.jpeg

Last edited:
I only posted a few pics because I had minutes available, and there are many toads hanging here that make unprovoked personal attacks with lying accusations, and even post cartoons like the kids they prove they are every day. Actually cruises are hardly some sort of luxury. They are dirt cheap, even less than staying at a Marriott hotel for the same 5-6 days. I think it's a good option for some cranky folks living their lives on hunting forums during the February off season. Not my personal choice, but for my wife on our ten year anniversary.
1708207969724.png

Funny your cartoon includes an image of the Royal Carribean “Icon of the Seas”? It’s the fanciest new ship on the water, and by coincidence was docked next to us yesterday. Dwarfs our tiny one on the right IMG_0896.jpeg

Ya I was going to comment the same, but questioned if those results were even real. Drawing ANY NV NR hunts with that few points is actually inconceivable to me personally. Because as I mentioned earlier I've not beaten <1% odd in over 1,200 applications. The units are not mentioned in Desk Pop's post, but if as described with those few points held, I see 7 hunts easily <1%. I don't want to accuse anyone of anything, so I'll leave it at that. If those results are real, Desk Pop needs to get on a plane to Vegas right now, not tomorrow!

BTW - While there, put all your money on the Bears to win the 2025 Super Bowl. That way, both of us will be assured of being happy.
This was the unprovoked attack bud.

Shows us the bucks and bulls.

It is a very bad investment to enter the NV & UT draws from the ground floor. I hate to even estimate a minimum number of points at which it would be worthwhile to continue for existing point holders. I have 25 across the board in NV, and about 15 in UT, except 27 for deer. Even with these squared in NV and choosing the lowest quality units, I’ve not drawn anything since 2007. In UT I only expect to draw one tag, for deer. It’s not hard to see why if you study the draw odds. And think about that 25 x 25 = 625 chances can’t draw.
You are completely full of crap. I'm so tired of your incessant lies. I don't know if it's pathological or you are compensating for not getting enough stickers on your coloring assignments from your kindergarten teacher.

What I do know, is that you complain about NV odds but could have pulled deer tags anytime you wanted.

Here are the archery deer odds for 2022 with 25 NV nonresident points. And you put in for the "lowest quality units." And you get five choices.

I'm calling bs.
Screenshot_20240208-200348.png

Screenshot_20240208-200420.pngScreenshot_20240208-200430.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240208-200430.png
    Screenshot_20240208-200430.png
    353.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240208-200420.png
    Screenshot_20240208-200420.png
    342.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240208-200348.png
    Screenshot_20240208-200348.png
    346.4 KB · Views: 0
This was the unprovoked attack bud.

Shows us the bucks and bulls.
Your definition of “unprovoked attack” is laughable at absolute best. That is obvious to everyone here. And I stand by my comment. The fact that you refuse to name said mentioned <1% units tells everyone what they need to know. All odds for all hunts are publicly posted by state game agencies, and widely advertised by HF, GoHunt, EJ, Toprut, HT, and would have zero influence on other’s hunt targets. So why not just list them like everyone else does? That way your claims could be accurately substantiated & evaluated.

You are completely full of crap. I'm so tired of your incessant lies. I don't know if it's pathological or you are compensating for not getting enough stickers on your coloring assignments from your kindergarten teacher.

What I do know, is that you complain about NV odds but could have pulled deer tags anytime you wanted.

Here are the archery deer odds for 2022 with 25 NV nonresident points. And you put in for the "lowest quality units." And you get five choices.

I'm calling bs.
View attachment 315922

View attachment 315923View attachment 315924

Attachments

• IMG_0731.gif
    IMG_0731.gif
    160.5 KB · Views: 15
Your definition of “unprovoked attack” is laughable at absolute best. That is obvious to everyone here. And I stand by my comment. The fact that you refuse to name said mentioned <1% units tells everyone what they need to know. All odds for all hunts are publicly posted by state game agencies, and widely advertised by HF, GoHunt, EJ, Toprut, HT, and would have zero influence on other’s hunt targets. So why not just list them like everyone else does? That way your claims could be accurately substantiated & evaluated.
Why the hell would I list my units more than I have? What are you even saying? The units for two of them are on HT already...in the thread titles. I've showed you mine already, show me yours big dawg.

Let's see your P&Ys Mr. Chuck Adams.

I have 16 for deer, 7 for elk & 25 for everything else, to be specific…….squared.

I have 16 for deer, 7 for elk & 25 for everything else, to be specific…….squared.
I guess I misunderstood what this means: "I have 25 across the board in NV, and about 15 in UT, except 27 for deer. Even with these squared in NV and choosing the lowest quality units, I’ve not drawn anything since 2007."

Not to worry, though. Here are the odds with 16 deer points.

Man, to lose out year after year with >99% odds with five choices is just amazing.

I believe your lying is pathological. You don't know you're doing it. Hope you can find some help. I apologize for my comments about your kindergarten teacher. I think she actually did give you enough stickers.Screenshot_20240217-175728.pngScreenshot_20240217-175736.pngScreenshot_20240217-175741.png

Don’t know why you rip on Nevada. It has a system that you need to figure out and play the odds as you see fit for your goals. Sometimes you have to play the long game. I have 1, 2, 3, 5, and 10 year plans. These get adjusted once or twice a year. Apply to 11 states, putting in for probably over 80 hunts (some states have multiple hunts to apply per species).
In 24 years applying in Nevada I have drawn 5 deer tags (good to average hunts), 1 top tier antelope tag, great desert bighorn ram tag (0.1% odds with 21 points), 1 great elk tag (1.3% odds with 24 points).
If you only want to apply for the top hunt of any given species you may never draw. That’s the chance you take.

I guess I misunderstood what this means: "I have 25 across the board in NV, and about 15 in UT, except 27 for deer. Even with these squared in NV and choosing the lowest quality units, I’ve not drawn anything since 2007."

Not to worry, though. Here are the odds with 16 deer points.

Man, to lose out year after year with >99% odds with five choices is just amazing.

I believe your lying is pathological. You don't know you're doing it. Hope you can find some help. I apologize for my comments about your kindergarten teacher. I think she actually did give you enough stickers.View attachment 315930View attachment 315931View attachment 315932
Meeting p&y isn’t that interesting when you rifle hunt

Don’t know why you rip on Nevada. It has a system that you need to figure out and play the odds as you see fit for your goals. Sometimes you have to play the long game. I have 1, 2, 3, 5, and 10 year plans. These get adjusted once or twice a year. Apply to 11 states, putting in for probably over 80 hunts (some states have multiple hunts to apply per species).
In 24 years applying in Nevada I have drawn 5 deer tags (good to average hunts), 1 top tier antelope tag, great desert bighorn ram tag (0.1% odds with 21 points), 1 great elk tag (1.3% odds with 24 points).
If you only want to apply for the top hunt of any given species you may never draw. That’s the chance you take.
Again more singling out & embellishment. Neither Randy nor I “rip on” Nevada. We just don’t believe it’s a good investment for a ground floor applicant, much due to their squared point system. It’s just that simple.

Again more singling out & embellishment. Neither Randy nor I “rip on” Nevada. We just don’t believe it’s a good investment for a ground floor applicant, much due to their squared point system. It’s just that simple.
Hunting isn't a good investment, it's that simple. Don't care where you apply. It's not your money they're spending so who cares? For people with a desire to hunt Nevada, they should apply, in particular for desert sheep.

If you're worried about good investments, try the stock market, I suggest the S&P.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back