Nevada - Is it Worth it?

Sorry in advance this is for your own good...

You know how when people say "I do not mean any disrespect" or "please don't take this the wrong way' they are going to say something really disrespectful - this is one of those times. I do not mean any disrespect but if you received a raise at work and one of your bright ideas is to consider adding Wyoming moose at $150 per preference point to your application strategy you must not be required to do math at work. The moose population is low and trending down - they offered very few tags and just cut that number even lower. Look at the number of non-resident point holders above you! Over the next 30 years it will cost you more than $5,000 to build points (the cost of the points, the future increased cost of the point, which is certain to happen, the opportunity cost of that money) and after 30 years you will not have drawn a tag, and you never will. If you want to be that idiot that says they have random tags with odds of 1:6000 then go ahead. You would be better off taking $5,000 and playing roulette hoping to double your money then go to Alaska. If you lose it, you are not out any more than your idea to start applying for Wyoming moose. I got out two years ago and I had 15 points. A better idea would be to do some research and buy stock that could win big - again even if you lose it all better option than Wyoming moose points.

OK, now that I got that out of my system. I took the $150 I theoretically was going to use in Wyoming and started to apply in Idaho. Still not a perfect option but a much better use of roughly $150. I also went to Alaska moose hunting last year and had a dream moose hunt. I wasted more money than I want to think about building those 15 moose points and they are worthless - at least I was smart enough to get out once they increase the cost of the point to $150. At one point they would have been enough for a cow tag - now those are 20+ points and climbing

12,151 non-resident moose point holders with a total of 1,661 of them having 20+ points - with 95% of them likely never drawing. It will take roughly 1,000 years to get through the point holders unless there are even more tag cuts.

DO NOT USE YOUR BUDGET TO APPLY FOR WYOMING MOOSE OR BUILD POINTS.

I think Wyoming moose points are near the top of the most worthless non-resident big game points you can have. For those of you with less than 20 points still buying non-resident moose points in Wyoming - stop - you lost - accept it - you were bamboozled - you are only making it worse - you have no chance to ever hunt moose in Wyoming legally :). Nothing to be ashamed of there were thousands of us.
I got called a whiner for saying I was bamboozled. Gullible, yes, whiner is an ignorant response to the drop the soap act WY did to 1000s of us.

Lets see those 21 P&Y/B&C certs.

Your "stopping legislation" was already proven as BS in another thread if i remember correctly.

Every spring same thing " look at me i have all these points but cant use them all"
I recall the crap SFW was pulling in AZ with their Utah slush fund money that came from 200 melted non-resident Utah tags. Utah could not do certain lobbying but SFW could. Okay, that is creative. Then, SFW-Utah decided to infect neighboring states with this cancer. Zim did get involved. AZ was drooling over the money they could make by adopting the SFW way of diverting non-resident tags. I think lobbying and wining and dining also was taking place in Wyoming and Montana. Fortunately, Randy did not have to bounce around for hours with Don looking at SFW projects paid for with your diverted tags. I thank Zim, Randy and a cast of 100s that fought the good fight. Your non-resident odds would be much worse if SFW had their way.

Desk Pop,

Again, for the third time in this thread, I ask why you and others ignore the fact Randy agrees with me, advising ground floor applicants to pass on both Nevada & Utah. It’s in his videos! Why do you ignore this??? You don’t even have the balls to respond to this, much less deny it! 😂 Meow meow.
What is with your weird fascination/worship of Randy? It is so creepy.

People can't disagree with anything you say because you think Randy agrees with you? That is just weird. Randy is great, but chill with the hero worship.

People can do what they want, but the guy asked for opinions. I have mine, then shared the tags I'd drawn. You said I was lying. I showed photo proof, along with entire threads on here about the other NV tags I've drawn. (Meanwhile, you've been asked two or three times for photo proof that you're the regular Chuck Adams P & Y record book writer you claim to be...haven't seen those yet.)

You say you're like 65 and that you have heart failure. Then you give a blanket statement to younger people not to apply at the ground floor. Maybe the 60-something guy should think a little harder about giving a 20-somethings advice on long term tag strategy. Do you realize the top point holders will eventually not be able to hunt either due to health or death?

Last edited:
Desk Pop,

Again, for the third time in this thread, I ask why you and others ignore the fact Randy agrees with me, advising ground floor applicants to pass on both Nevada & Utah. It’s in his videos! Why do you ignore this??? You don’t even have the balls to respond to this, much less deny it! 😂 Meow meow.
Where is pics of your 20 plus b and c.
Or pope and young? Just curious. Prove us wrong!

I have not researched Nevada recently, but when I did several years ago I concluded that it was not worth it for me. The cost and odds were not favorable.

I have not researched Nevada recently, but when I did several years ago I concluded that it was not worth it for me. The cost and odds were not favorable.
It is definitely a long term proposition and doesn't always make sense. I started applying to Nevada the year I got married. My annual income that year was $13,000...but damn it I wanted to hunt a desert sheep some day.

Gr8banana, 😂 No ball here! Wife & I have been on a Carribean cruise for our anniversary. Only reason I can post now is a passenger had a heart attack and ship had to swing by Key West, where I got a brief Verizon signal. Pulling away now. I see you still make no mention of Randy, who agrees with me. Then Desk Pop finally brings his name up but can’t figure out Randy is light years more qualified to give advice on UT & NV than he is. Go figure.

Pulling away from Key West. See ya for now!

Attachments

• IMG_0856.jpeg
    IMG_0856.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0855.jpeg
    IMG_0855.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Will check in after vacation is over. Got more important things to do.

Attachments

• IMG_0863.jpeg
    IMG_0863.jpeg
    1,008.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0866.jpeg
    IMG_0866.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
Got a weak Bahama signal while docked at Coco Cay. The wife says you haters need to leave me alone and get a life instead of hangin on hunting forums all day. 😂 February good time for a winter break. 😂 Gotta go again!

Attachments

• IMG_0874.jpeg
    IMG_0874.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
How about checking in on a hunting forum full of strangers the second you get reception while on a cruise ship vacation and then posting selfies of yourself while doing so? Super weird man.
would you expect anything less than another look at me i am better than you post from him?

apparently he's a postal worker, so theres that also... weird dude, hope he enjoys his vacation.

Gr8banana, 😂 No ball here! Wife & I have been on a Carribean cruise for our anniversary. Only reason I can post now is a passenger had a heart attack and ship had to swing by Key West, where I got a brief Verizon signal. Pulling away now. I see you still make no mention of Randy, who agrees with me. Then Desk Pop finally brings his name up but can’t figure out Randy is light years more qualified to give advice on UT & NV than he is. Go figure.

Pulling away from Key West. See ya for now!
Oooh look at me I'm on a cruise.

1708108096012.png

would you expect anything less than another look at me i am better than you post from him?

apparently he's a postal worker, so theres that also... weird dude, hope he enjoys his vacation.
Thanks, yes we are enjoying our vacation. Still got two bars. But uhhhh, actually I’m not a “look at me I’m better than you” guy. That’s why I kinda haven’t posted photos of my 20 P&Y’s or papers as demanded by Desk Dude. I post photos sometimes, but mostly in topic specific trophy threads.

BTW - I really don’t think 20 P&Y’s is any big feat for anyone who has hunted for 30 years. I mean dang, the dude I sat next to at the SL P&Y convention a few years ago had 180. We all sat at Big Dan’s Bowsite table. Even for a public land hunter like myself, 20 is very doable if you hunt Iowa and/or Illinois annually.

Last edited:
Only 20!!!!
CB coming from a tree stand state you should have 3 times that.
I pass on far more than I shoot. But still not easy when you hunt public land. Illinois is a state chock full of Mississippi & Louisiana competition behind every tree. I have to take extreme measures to escape them.

Back