Nevada - Is it Worth it?

Typically, he spends his year trying to dissuade people from applying to Nevada, then sends out a reminder thread the night before apps are due...

Always good for a chuckle.
Excuse me? Well first of all I don't make unprovoked personal attacks on anyone on forums like you do. But I do defend myself from bullshitters. I don't even post on here but around 4 months of the year, so the first claim is obvious bullshit claiming I "dissuade" people all year. The fact is I only comment when someone, usually a rookie, posts asking for others opinions on the topic. I answer honestly, unlike folks who have no problem pissing away other people's money with lies and idiotic bad advice.

Secondly, for once can you answer me why you never mention Randy's advice to ground floor applicant's in NV & UT??? But only ME??? Do you deny he posted this advice??? Why is that??? Who do you think influences 10,000 times more hunters, him or me??? Don't ignore my question. Answer it, bullshitter. You too geetarshitter. Randy reaches thousands more hunters than little ole me. But you only mention me. What up with that??? Tired of this same BS every year and you meow meow's running away. So answer this time. You need for me to post his video to prove to everyone? He's got it on his Fresh Tracks video list.

Thirdly, You a liar Desk Punk. Implying I typically send out a NV reminder every year the night before apps are due. Again total bullshit. Last year was the ONLY time I posted anything at the NV deadline EVER. And it was clear even to Joe Biden and yourself that I only posted I had completed MY APPLICATION. That's it! Didn't say anything else. Yet you embellished it with a pile of false accusations all total bullshit. You an outright liar. As if my comment made a tinker's dam to anyone. I pointed out there are folks posting REAL reminders about numerous states on numerous different forums. You need examples? I can send you several. I never see you bitch at them! What up with that? Everyone gets untold reminders from goHunt, Rolling Bones, Huntin Fool, state game agencies, Randy, etc, etc, etc. I even got three in my emails TODAY ALONE! What's wrong with you, punk kid???

Why not encourage your fellow sportsmen to get into sports gambling as well. You know, you can't win if you don't play!

I'm 64, DIY hunted 15 states in over 30 years, scored 8 elk 320-350 solo with my bow, 20 Pope & Young, scored a Boone & Crocket deer via archery, & stopped legislation that has to date saved over 2,000 of Arizona's very best trophy tags for the public (but certainly no need to thank me!). Have you done any of these? Ya No I didn't think so. Because you're just a run of the mill know nothing snot nosed punk kid. What's in your resume other than riding on my coat tails? Oh ya............nuthin.

Last edited:
Excuse me? Well first of all I don't make unprovoked personal attacks on anyone on forums like you do. But I do defend myself from bullshitters. I don't even post on here but around 4 months of the year, so the first claim is obvious bullshit claiming I "dissuade" people all year. The fact is I only comment when someone, usually a rookie, posts asking for others opinions on the topic. I answer honestly, unlike folks who have no problem pissing away other people's money with lies and idiotic bad advice.

Secondly, for once can you answer me why you never mention Randy's advice to ground floor applicant's in NV & UT??? But only ME??? Do you deny is advice??? Why is that??? Who do you think influences 10,000 times more hunters, him or me??? Don't ignore my question. Answer it, bullshitter. You too geetarshitter. Randy advises this in his own video for all to see. He reaches thousands more hunters than little ole me. But you only mention me. What up with that??? Tired of this same BS every year and you meow meow's running away. So Answer.

Thirdly, You a liar Desk Punk. Implying I typically send out a NV reminder every year the night before apps are due. Again total bullshit. Last year was the ONLY time I posted anything at the NV deadline EVER. And it was clear even to Joe Biden and yourself that I only posted I had completed MY APPLICATION. That's it! Didn't say anything else. Yet you embellished it with a pile of false accusations all total bullshit. You an outright liar. As if my comment made a tinker's dam to anyone. I pointed out there are folks posting REAL reminders about numerous states on numerous different forums. You need examples? I can send you several. I never see you bitch at them! What up with that? Everyone gets untold reminders from goHunt, Rolling Bones, Huntin Fool, state game agencies, Randy, etc, etc, etc. I even got three in my emails TODAY ALONE! What's wrong with you, punk kid???

Why not encourage your fellow sportsmen to get into sports gambling as well. You know, you can't win if you don't play!

I'm 64, DIY hunted 15 states in over 30 years, scored 8 elk 320-350 solo with my bow, 20 Pope & Young, scored a Boone & Crocket deer via archery, & stopped legislation that has to date saved over 2,000 of Arizona's very best trophy tags for the public (but certainly no need to thank me!). Have you done any of these? Ya No I didn't think so. Because you're just a run of the mill know nothing snot nosed punk kid. What's in your resume other than riding on my coat tails? Oh ya............nuthin.
Screenshot_20240202-233255.png

Typically, he spends his year trying to dissuade people from applying to Nevada, then sends out a reminder thread the night before apps are due...

Always good for a chuckle.
Yeah it is strange how he keeps telling everyone what a bad idea it is to apply in NV and how he's never going to draw a tag and yet every year he keeps applying in NV. :unsure:

I'm 64, DIY hunted 15 states in over 30 years, scored 8 elk 320-350 solo with my bow, 20 Pope & Young, scored a Boone & Crocket deer via archery, & stopped legislation that has to date saved over 2,000 of Arizona's very best trophy tags for the public (but certainly no need to thank me!).
Lets see those 21 P&Y/B&C certs.

Your "stopping legislation" was already proven as BS in another thread if i remember correctly.

Every spring same thing " look at me i have all these points but cant use them all"

Secondly, for once can you answer me why you never mention Randy's advice to ground floor applicant's in NV & UT??? But only ME??? Do you deny he posted this advice??? Why is that??? Who do you think influences 10,000 times more hunters, him or me??? Don't ignore my question. Answer it, bullshitter. You too geetarshitter. Randy reaches thousands more hunters than little ole me. But you only mention me. What up with that??? Tired of this same BS every year and you meow meow's running away. So answer this time. You need for me to post his video to prove to everyone? He's got it on his Fresh Tracks video list.

Good God man.

fast-cat-typing.gif

I cant remember what it costs to put in for NV every year, $400 sound about right? $300+ maybe? Think i do elk, deer, antelope, sheep. Anyways after 8 years (so far) that adds up. Maybe in another decade and a few grand further down the line i'll have upper single digit odds at the easiest to draw elk tag... I'm not crazy about muleys so don't take advantage of the more "opportunity" end of tags. If money gets tight some day I might consider the $ spent a sunk cost and walk away. Not this year though..

Would be a hard sell to get started from scratch now.

Reactions: DFS
Sorry in advance this is for your own good...

You know how when people say "I do not mean any disrespect" or "please don't take this the wrong way' they are going to say something really disrespectful - this is one of those times. I do not mean any disrespect but if you received a raise at work and one of your bright ideas is to consider adding Wyoming moose at $150 per preference point to your application strategy you must not be required to do math at work. The moose population is low and trending down - they offered very few tags and just cut that number even lower. Look at the number of non-resident point holders above you! Over the next 30 years it will cost you more than $5,000 to build points (the cost of the points, the future increased cost of the point, which is certain to happen, the opportunity cost of that money) and after 30 years you will not have drawn a tag, and you never will. If you want to be that idiot that says they have random tags with odds of 1:6000 then go ahead. You would be better off taking $5,000 and playing roulette hoping to double your money then go to Alaska. If you lose it, you are not out any more than your idea to start applying for Wyoming moose. I got out two years ago and I had 15 points. A better idea would be to do some research and buy stock that could win big - again even if you lose it all better option than Wyoming moose points.

OK, now that I got that out of my system. I took the $150 I theoretically was going to use in Wyoming and started to apply in Idaho. Still not a perfect option but a much better use of roughly $150. I also went to Alaska moose hunting last year and had a dream moose hunt. I wasted more money than I want to think about building those 15 moose points and they are worthless - at least I was smart enough to get out once they increase the cost of the point to $150. At one point they would have been enough for a cow tag - now those are 20+ points and climbing

12,151 non-resident moose point holders with a total of 1,661 of them having 20+ points - with 95% of them likely never drawing. It will take roughly 1,000 years to get through the point holders unless there are even more tag cuts.

DO NOT USE YOUR BUDGET TO APPLY FOR WYOMING MOOSE OR BUILD POINTS.

I think Wyoming moose points are near the top of the most worthless non-resident big game points you can have. For those of you with less than 20 points still buying non-resident moose points in Wyoming - stop - you lost - accept it - you were bamboozled - you are only making it worse - you have no chance to ever hunt moose in Wyoming legally :). Nothing to be ashamed of there were thousands of us.
Good thing Nevada is starting a moose hunt this year :cool:

I started a brokerage account for "hunting money". Moose, caribou, dall sheep, duck club membership, etc. Just have to keep adding to the pot and be patient.

I'll be in for the moose hunt but I know I'll probably just be donating $$ for moose just like mtn goat to NDOW till I die, but that's ok with me.

Lets see those 21 P&Y/B&C certs.

Your "stopping legislation" was already proven as BS in another thread if i remember correctly.
Not only do you not remember correctly, you are fabricating this accusation squarely out of your ass. Only one other person challenged this and later remembered the legislation and apologized to me. It was back in 2012 I got watch dawg Crystal Cruz WKTV Phoenix to air three interviews, one with crooked politician bill sponsor Jerry Weiers (now mayor of Glendale) that caught him red handed and forced him to pull HB2072. SFW at work attempting to steal public tags.

Not only do you not remember correctly, you are fabricating this accusation squarely out of your ass. Only one other person challenged this and later remembered the legislation and apologized to me. It was back in 2012 I got watch dawg Crystal Cruz WKTV Phoenix to air three interviews, one with crooked politician bill sponsor Jerry Weiers (now mayor of Glendale) that caught him red handed and forced him to pull HB2072. SFW at work attempting to steal public tags.
Thats a side of a story. I really dont care but i think it's hysterical how hard you constantly seek attention for it and it was 12 years ago...LMAO. (time to move on)

When you posting those 21 B&C/P&Y certs? I would love to see some of those scores, sounds impressive.

It seems almost as if his agenda is not as altruistic as he would like us to believe...
Again, for the umpteenth time I ask why you and others ignore the fact Randy agrees with me, advising ground floor applicants to pass on both Nevada & Utah. It’s in his videos! Why do you ignore this??? You don’t even have the balls to respond to this, much less deny it! 😂

And others post photos from 25 years ago before thousands of hunters with SQUARED POINTS got in front of them. 😂

Here’s the odds across the board for ground floor applicants in today’s world 2023. Ya they don’t even have the space on the chart available to show below one one hundredth of 1%, and those don’t get to two one hundredths until you get to 5 years in! 😂 It’s not much better for elk! Think about that.

Attachments

• IMG_0732.png
    IMG_0732.png
    404.3 KB · Views: 21
Thats a side of a story. I really dont care but i think it's hysterical how hard you constantly seek attention for it and it was 12 years ago...LMAO. (time to move on)

When you posting those 21 B&C/P&Y certs? I would love to see some of those scores, sounds impressive.
The repercussions of that legislation are alive and well every year, including 2024. It stacks up another 200 or 300 premium tags saved for the public every year. This includes tags YOU probably applied for this year. But please, no need to thank me. And you’re dam right I bring it up, to encourage others that one person can make a difference. Unlike takers like you that sit on their hands and don’t do a dam thing but apply for tags others fight for.

I’m also involved with politics in several other states, including Iowa, where I joined their IBA despite only being able to hunt there once every six years. Helping them fight greased politician’s & RAVIN lobbyists corrupt bills to rape their deer herd. You join in and write legislators? Ya no I didn’t think so.

Last edited:
Again, for the umpteenth time I ask why you and others ignore the fact Randy agrees with me, advising ground floor applicants to pass on both Nevada & Utah. It’s in his videos! Why do you ignore this??? You don’t even have the balls to respond to this, much less deny it! 😂

And others post photos from 25 years ago before thousands of hunters with SQUARED POINTS got in front of them. 😂

Here’s the odds across the board for ground floor applicants in today’s world 2023. Ya they don’t even have the space on the chart available to show below one one hundredth of 1%, and those don’t get to two one hundredths until you get to 5 years in! 😂 It’s not much better for elk! Think about that.
You do it for Utah, too.Screenshot_20240203-221628.png

Getting back to the OP: I think Nevada is a long term state (no easy tags to be had by non residents), if you are in it for the long hall I would say yes, but not really if you are not.

Case in point: with 21 non resi Elk points, my odds moved from 1.5% to 1.75% for drawing the tag i want. But hey, every now and then someone draws with 0 points ( that person may be you). =)

Also, if you love antelope hunting (its a great state to put in for), again "long run".

I could really care less if someone wants to put in for NV tags. Just leaves more for my friends and me.

Desk Pop,

Again, for the third time in this thread, I ask why you and others ignore the fact Randy agrees with me, advising ground floor applicants to pass on both Nevada & Utah. It’s in his videos! Why do you ignore this??? You don’t even have the balls to respond to this, much less deny it! 😂 Meow meow.

So asinine & paranoid! Just checked, I got two text messages AND two emails reminding me of today's Arizona deadline = 4 today alone. From major, major sources, not some guy on a miniscule hunting forum. Randy did entire videos to the masses as you know. I think I'll make a new post just to get your panties in a bundle. :ROFLMAO:

When you posting those 21 B&C/P&Y certs? I would love to see some of those scores, sounds impressive

I have been to Utah three times in four years to help friends that drew tags. All of them drew with 1 point.
Rut tags? Sheep tags? Bison? Mountain goat? What were the three?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back