Nevada 065

Lemondog

Awesome! I drew one of the 3 non-res rifle tags.Had 7 points. Going self guided and 4 good hunting pals are coming along. We will be looking for a good one. Lots of research and work to do. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Just found out also that one of the crew drew one of the best Archery Elk tags here in Washington state!. We will be busy.

Really, 80 views and no one has a comment about this hunt. I am suprised. I have a lot of info I just thought it would be fun to chat about the hunt.

Hello Lemondog, welcome to HuntTalk. Like many folks, I viewed your initial post on this thread. and didn't post anything as I have never hunted Nevada.

Generally speaking, HuntTalkers with fewer posts will be less likely to be given the "keys to the kingdom" than folks who have been here for awhile, and seem to be beneficial contributors and generally good people. The more you tell us about you and your crew, and maybe what your plans//strategies for the hunt, and folks who are knowledgeable about Nevada in general, and maybe your area specifically may want to respond to your post, or contact through PM (private message).

Hoping you have great success this fall.

More info will definately help you as well as getting in there and giving your two cents on others stuff going on. I am from Nevada and my father will be hunting area 6 this year during archery. I too looked at your post but am not one to just start posting info here. Especially on the message board pages. Also that is a tag that local nevadan's can get every 1 to 3 years so it will be very unlikely to get any info out of someone. However, if you threw out some questions about some areas you might get some info via PM, provided you list the area you have in question and such. Just my two cents.

I saw a good looking 2 point from my boat at Southfork reservoir last weekend. He already had his does rounded up too.....

6 is a great tag and one of the best in the state. i recommend looking around tuscarora. lots of big bucks up there

Here is an place that should hold some nice bucks. Check out the GPS coordinates if you get a chance.

Latitude: 40°51'12.91"N Longitude: 115°44'22.84"W

Recommend searching them on google earth first so you can get an idea of the area before you head out there. Should be near where dainer saw the 2 point.

Ok guys,I understand the hesitation. I'm not used to being the new guy.. I am a regular on Hunt Washington and have spent a lot of time on MM forum. I get it....I work hard at everything and have been rewarded with a few nice bucks and bulls.My wife and I hold a "post season huntin party at my home that about 40 people show up to every year to share the love of the sport.. Not a lot of you will come out to WA to hunt but we do have some very nice draw hunts, and I know a lot about most of them. I share information with anyone who is willing to work hard and do there home work first.Even to the point of showing up to help if the time is available. I have a great core group and they all operate the same.It is impressive that when I drew this nice out of state tag, four of them offered to take a week of their time and come along to help. I have studied the unit as throughly as possible from afar and will be taking a scouting trip in August.Thanks for the reply's. I have an extremly busy schedule but I will be around as I can. I have worked in Subaru service for 25 years so if I can help with questions there don't hesitate to ask. Dan. (Lemondog)

Lemondog - I sent you a pm. But don't get too excited, I didn't include the golden ticket.

Lemondog.....and I thought I lived in "fly-over country"! That far west, if it isn't on the interstate, I don't think I've been there. Bet there are some decent mule deer coulees out there.

065!! That is a great tag and very hard to get like Huntbux stated. I would plan at least 7-10 hunt and be very picky. Don't settle for anything under 30" wide. 065 is not part of big six so Tusc area won't help out except for a ticket hunting in the wrong unit. Haven't spent much time in that unit because no one in my family has ever drawn that unit before. Good Luck

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back