PEAX Equipment

need opionions on new bow

nickdooley987

Ive been shooting a pse stinger at the shop for about a week now and i really like it. i dont have alot of experience with the pse brand. just wondering if anyone had anything good or bad to say to help me with me decision. thanks

Get what feels good to you and what you like. I would tell you to get a Mathews because I own and hunt with 2 of them. MNpublichunter would tell you to get a PSE because that's what he shoots. Brandenbowhunter would say to get a Strother. Ike would say to to get Bowtech. You have to get what feels good to you and what you feel you will enjoy shooting for a while. A new bow is a fairly big investment in money and time, so you have to get what you're going to enjoy.

Last edited:
i have the new Mathews MR7 and really like it. shooting 500 grain arrows 275 fps. SLAMMER!

dont have any input for you on the PSE, sorry.

i guess my main concern is just what kinda service id get if something goes wrong. ive had a hoyt since i could shoot a bow and never had a trouble, but i shot this one and loved it and then looked at the price tag and couldnt belive me eyes.. 300 bucks for a bow of this caliber seems like stealing!

mine is a 99 carbonite striker II i love to shoot it but anything past 30 yds is tough and i picked up a new piece of ground where im gonna need to be able to reach out there a lil bit.

I agree with John. Get what feels right for you. PSE has been around for a long time. I haven't shot there newer stuff but I liked what I shot years ago.
BD

PSE went downhill for awhile, but got back in the saddle a few years ago, and are as good a company as any out there. They have a good product and service. Go with what feels and shoots right for you. Some people may give you the impression that if it is not the top-of-the-line-most-expensive-bow-on-the-market, that it isn't worth shooting, but there are many good bows for less money out there right now. Good luck!

I have a PSE Brute I got a couple years ago. I haven't hand any issues at all so far. I have only been archery hunting for a couple years now so I may not be the best for advice. I may upgrade in a year or two but I want to make sure I get an animal with this one first. But as far as PSE brand and quality go I can only speak for the one I've used butg I haven't had any problems.

When I shopped a shot about everything out there and talked to many people, the Hoyt Carbon Matrix is the only thing I'll recommend. So far one of the best investments I've made for hunting.

I shoot the Bowtech Invasion. I love it, but I'm brand loyal too. Shoot everything and buy what's the most comfortable and in your price range.

I've been happy with my last two Bowtechs, but was previously happy with my Mathews as well, changed just cuz the Bowtech felt better that year. Buy what fits you best!

As others have said, get what feels good and you are accurate with....and John is right....I would tell you to get PSE, but your already there....:) anything kills animals at 30 yards or less.

Deffiantly get what feels good for you at a poundage you can easily draw. Been shooting a 50 # elite aigil for the last couple years and really like it. Easy to draw and smooth, all personal preference. Good luck with your decision.

That's no lie - there are so many gadgets for archery that it is mind boggling. I decided I needed an upgraded bow this spring from my 10 year old Mathews Ultra 2 - I shot every bow imaginable and settled on a Carbon Element - at $1100 that was just the beginning - $1800 later I was out the door but months later you want more arrows, a custom string and cables, a new rangefinder, a target quiver, a couple Block targets, an extra release - holy crap, I'm going broke - it's like I'm an archery equipment junkie looking for my next fix - it's way too addictive. Anyone looking for a new bow, beware, you are dabbling in things you can only imagine...

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back