Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Shot them all, bought the Hoyt

bignest

Last weekend I got to shoot all 4 flagship bows back to back. Hoyt RX7 ultra at 76lbs, PSE Levitate 80lbs, Mathews VX3 at 72lbs, and the flagship prime ( I forget the name). I enjoyed all 4 bows. The Hoyt was slightly smoother. The PSE was amazingly light and super powerful. The draw was smooth until the last couple inches, and needed a little extra something to hit the wall but it wasn’t bad. After holding the bow and drawing it I was sold. However, on my 2nd test shot the screw holding my the mod literally exploded stripping all the threads. I’m coming out of a PSE that I’m replacing because of quality concerns so this was a deal breaker for me. It was a tough choice between the mathews and Hoyt, but ultimately went with the picanty instead of the dovetail.

This picture is a Easton FMJ exploding on release from my PSE last year. Made me miss a decent buck at 18 yards, but I’m just glad I didn’t get arrow shrapnel in my chest. No I’ll towards Pse. Still love the brand, just had a bad couple experiences. I would have bought the levitate if it didn’t break in my hands. Shot great.

Attachments

• A7AD95EA-ADDB-47AE-8184-3147CCE1E325.jpeg
    A7AD95EA-ADDB-47AE-8184-3147CCE1E325.jpeg
    394.7 KB · Views: 35
I did that same thing 17 years ago with a couple friends of mine. We all went up to Jays in Clare MI and shot all the new bows. Drew back, closed our eyes and fired each one. Hoyt Vtec felt the best to me, the Diamond to my one friend, and the Matthews to the other.

I still use that Hoyt Vtec today and it has taken 100% of all the whitetails I have shot since then.

I was in your shoes back in 19. I swore I would never own a Hoyt. Not because of their over the top marketing or anything to do with their bows....they are great. It was because I owned and operated an archery shop and the dealer rep was an arrogant jerk and swore I would never do businesswith them or use their products. So in 2019 when I was in the market for a new bow I kept an open mind and shot everything I could find. My last stop was a Hoyt and Matthew's dealer and was going to pull the trigger on a Matthew's without even touching the Hoyt. The dealer said you really should take that Hoyt for a spin! I, with reluctance, did just that. Mind you the bow had no sights and a whisker biscuit rest on it, but at 25 yds and just staring at the spot I wanted to hit I released 3 arrows. No they didn't hit the bullseye but they were all touching and I mean pull the arrows and one ragged hole touching. The bow was smooth and just felt great. I then started picking the bows apart likes dislikes and possible issues that may arise in the field with no archery shop for miles. I walked out with a new Hoyt. Talk about having to eat crow!

In the old days, Hoyt was a big name in recurves, along with Bear, Wing, Damon Howatt. Glad their compounds are good.

I had a PSE Inertia for a while. PSE customer service and warranty was great, I just hated how often I had to use it. Went through multiple sets of limbs before they replaced the bow. I sold it and moved to Mathews. I enjoyed the power of PSE, but not reliable.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back