Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Need Advice! 10th anniversary!

Dsnow9

I am in need of advice, I SUCK at gifts for big things. I’m a buy it when they need it or because it seemed like a good idea at the time. Buying something at a specific time is a challenge fit me.

She is not the jewelry type and doesn’t hunt yet so those ideas are off the table.

Thanks in advance!

I've been married 24 years, all women are different make her happy but be careful of setting a super gift precedent. It's a marathon not a sprint. Last year I built a small deck in the backyard and I think she liked that more than any gift I ever bought.

Here's what you do. Google "anniversary material." Every anniversary has a material. Year one is paper. Two is cloth. Three is tin foil or whatever. Etc. to 10. Then buy/make 10 little gifts, each made of that particular material. Paper could just be a sweet note. Cloth could be a pretty scarf or something. Go down the line. Wrap each one. This trick only works every 10 years, but there you go. SHe'll love it.

Nothing says “I love you” like a great introduction to hunting…so I would vote you buy yourselves 4th season Colorado deer vouchers.

Nothing says “I love you” like a great introduction to hunting…so I would vote you buy yourselves 4th season Colorado deer vouchers.
I’m starting this year with a wy pronghorn point, next year co/wy pp. starting slow…

I am in need of advice, I SUCK at gifts for big things. I’m a buy it when they need it or because it seemed like a good idea at the time. Buying something at a specific time is a challenge fit me.

She is not the jewelry type and doesn’t hunt yet so those ideas are off the table.

Thanks in advance!
For most, time and shared experiences mean more than things. I would do some type of surprise (if she likes surprises) getaway weekend. If she doesn't like surprises, then take her to dinner and plan the getaway together.

Ask her friends and family what they think she would truly like. Let them know that this is important to you. You really want to make thid special. Then do your best to give her something she absolutely doesn't need, but hopefully would love to have or do.

Long after, her friends will remind her that you asked them what she would really love.

For our 10th, I planned a mini re-enactment of our honeymoon. Stayed in some of the same hotels, did some similar activities (whitewater rafting on a different river), etc. It went great!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back