Need a new pocket knife

I just hopped on to ebay and picked up a used Schrade for $2.3 to replace the one I donated to the Providence RI airport.

for a lightweight option I've been carrying a gerber lst ultralight. Comes in at .6 ounces. Love it.

I really like small blades that have a flat profile when folded. I love my Spyderco Dragonfly.

I‘ve been pretty impressed with the dragonfly as well. I got sick of my kershaws opening in my pocket so I jumped on the spyderco train a year or two ago. So far I have their dragonfly, tenacious, delica, and cat. Two have g10 handles and two have frn handles. I though I would hate the frn handles but they’re awesome.

I carry a pocket knife every where everyday. I used to carry a Schrade 30T, a little 3". I'd wear them out and get another. My last one was used to jump a solenoid to start a dozer . Of course it melted. I bought another and it's made in china. I threw it away and went to the comparable Buck Knife. The quality is ok but once the edge is done it's impossible to sharpen it back. I'm looking for suggestions on another brand. I don't want garbage because it will be used and abused,but I don't want super high end either. Sometimes my pocket knife is a sacrifical tool.
My buddy had a Buck that he claimed was not able to be sharpened. I spent about 5 minutes with my diamond hone and had it shaving sharp.

My buddy had a Buck that he claimed was not able to be sharpened. I spent about 5 minutes with my diamond hone and had it shaving sharp.
I bought a new Case but I'm probably going to get a diamond stone/hone. It's gotta be cheaper than buying new knives or sending them to Buck.

ive gone leatherman,,always have with me no matter what//they have a wide aray of multi tools to choose from//good quality tool/ i have a couple different ones.

CRKT knives are typically good enough to get it done but not expensive enough to care if you kill it or lose it.
CRKT- Carried every day over the last 14 years. Lost and recovered more than once. Takes a beating and re sharpens nicely. Can usually find them online for discount off retail price.

Attachments

• 20190408_090450.jpg
    20190408_090450.jpg
    751.5 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back