PEAX Equipment

Nebraska “slam” attempt

Dang. Nothing like having a cow tag and getting great bulls on the camera
He’s in one cornfield and there’s another pretty close to him in the cornfield right next door. A couple mornings ago they were bugling at each other from their beds. They aren’t in the mood to fight just yet.

He’s in one cornfield and there’s another pretty close to him in the cornfield right next door. A couple mornings ago they were bugling at each other from their beds. They aren’t in the mood to fight just yet.
can NR get bull tags in NE? If so, I might need to get a bow and set up a HT hunt where youre the guide. Maybe Randy and the FT crew can film ha

can NR get bull tags in NE? If so, I might need to get a bow and set up a HT hunt where youre the guide. Maybe Randy and the FT crew can film ha
If you draw the slam tag, I’ll guide. I doubt Randy would want to tarnish his reputation by putting me on his show. Lots of swearing, bad decisions, and possibly heavy drinking. 🤣

A little update. I’m generally a cheerful person on here and like to poke fun at myself and others. But things take a serious turn when you least expect it.

My wife in 2019 had a craniotomy to remove a softball sized tumor from her brain. The surgeon was a wonderful little gal and they got 70% of it. The hope was the rest would die off or at not grow substantially for some time. Well in her last scan the tumor has awaken and doubled in size. We have an appointment next week to plan the radiation treatment, then it’s 30 days of radiation to shrink the tumor. So hunting is on a hold. She’s pushing for me to go to Colorado before she starts radiation, but I’m not sure I can pull that off with the effort needed, knowing she’s at home.

I’ll keep this updated the best I can, but my mind will be elsewhere for the time being. I hope all your seasons go well, and you and your families stay healthy.

A little update. I’m generally a cheerful person on here and like to poke fun at myself and others. But things take a serious turn when you least expect it.

My wife in 2019 had a craniotomy to remove a softball sized tumor from her brain. The surgeon was a wonderful little gal and they got 70% of it. The hope was the rest would die off or at not grow substantially for some time. Well in her last scan the tumor has awaken and doubled in size. We have an appointment next week to plan the radiation treatment, then it’s 30 days of radiation to shrink the tumor. So hunting is on a hold. She’s pushing for me to go to Colorado before she starts radiation, but I’m not sure I can pull that off with the effort needed, knowing she’s at home.

I’ll keep this updated the best I can, but my mind will be elsewhere for the time being. I hope all your seasons go well, and you and your families stay healthy.
Wishing you and your family the best! I can only imagine what that must be like.

I hope your wife is doing better! Any updates?

She got her treatment done Tuesday, her last couple weeks were pretty difficult for her with being extremely tired and nauseous. It only took me a solid month to convince her to slow down. Hopefully in a couple weeks she’s back up and running again. She wants to go out after thanksgiving and try for a cow again depending how she feels. I appreciate you asking and all the support from HTers. It’ll probably be 6 months until we know what exactly the radiation has done as far as shrinking the tumor. We’re staying positive and hopefully it dies off completely. On a positive note my son is 10 now and gets to deer hunt for the first time Saturday morning so we’re looking forward to that. He shoots well, but I still have a 100 yard restriction on him which he isn’t happy about. I’m trying to explain the pain of letting one walk is way less than the pain of wounding one and not finding it. He shoots about a 2” group at 100 so I feel confident with that. So stay tuned for the weekend, we’ll see if he can pull it off.

Im glad to hear the that she got the treatment out of the way. Its a long battle, stay strong and hang in there! Youll have to let me know how you convinced her to slow down, im still struggling to achieve that with mine. She sounds determined and tough as nails! I hope shes feeling up to going after her cow.

I was wondering about your deer season. My daughter turns 10 next year and im thinking about getting her a doe tag for my property in curtis. I haven’t had her shoot yet, but the time is coming. This spring ill get her out and ready to go.

I hope your son gets one! Ill be anxiously awaiting the updates. Im sure he'll be grinning ear to ear.

Good luck on all fronts

Back