Caribou Gear Tarp

Nebraska “slam” attempt

No paternity test needed. It took everything I had to convince him not to take a 500 yard poke at a coyote right at first shooting light. I can’t believe I’m the voice of reason when it comes to coyotes. He passed up a 60 yard shot at a small forky. Pretty slow so far.IMG_3724.jpeg

After a little breakfast and some snacks we’re back out. There was a sighting of really nice buck in the timber along this creek so he decided we’d set up along this little bottom and try it this afternoon. Not long after his spot was confirmed good by a monster scrape obviously worked by many bucks.IMG_3726.jpegIMG_3727.jpeg

After a little breakfast and some snacks we’re back out. There was a sighting of really nice buck in the timber along this creek so he decided we’d set up along this little bottom and try it this afternoon. Not long after his spot was confirmed good by a monster scrape obviously worked by many bucks.View attachment 301291View attachment 301292
Shouldn't be long before meat is made.

So we’re sitting and chatting, I’d done s couple of rattle/grunt sequences with nothing, I knew eventually one would show up. I tell my son “this is the one” I barley get done and the buck shows up, walks right to the scrape, boom, I watch him kick. Good shot! He makes a follow up shot but I wasn’t sure it connected. We wait a few minutes, but I’ve seen bucks move like this and I’m almost positive he’s dead.

Well the blood was amazing. Not frothy, but light blood just pumping out I tracked him pretty early, found him laying down on the other side of the creek. All but dead, I mean last breath kicking. Go back to the truck, around the section to the side of the creek he’s on, I know he’s dead but want my son to find him. Wrongo! He musta got up, walked 100 yards swam into the middle of a pond and died………. Because why not. IMG_3732.jpegIMG_3735.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back