Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Nebraska “slam” attempt

Coming home from western Nebraska yesterday I stopped at a small piece of land a friend of mine owns to see what was there. Scrapes snd rubs everywhere and as soon as I rattled I found out why. I was covered up in forkys and basket racks. Finally they started to disperse about dark and I thought a big one was finally coming. Nope, just a 3 1/2 year old bully buck. He was a decent 4x4 at one time but was already completely busted off except for a browtine and 1 g2.

I have 2 days to get a half day of work done. It’s been almost 80 since Monday, tonight at midnight a front is moving through, temps are gonna drop, rain and snow are coming too. I gambled and decided to work this morning and sit this afternoon. I only have 10 days until rifle season. That won’t end the deer hunting, but it’ll make it 100x harder. You dang rifle hunters ruin everything. 🤣

Just had one of the coolest things ever happen to me. About 5 minutes ago I noticed a red tail hawk land in a big pin oak tree about 50 yards away. There was a squirrel doing squirrel nonsense below my stand and slightly behind me. The hawk drops off the tree, swoops just under my feet in the stand and grabs the squirrel, somehow managed to fly through the cedars on the other side without crashing. Pretty awesome considering the bucks aren’t moving in the heat yet.

Boredom is setting in so I though you guys would like a peek at my super expensive and high tech sight tape. Why spend $0.00001 on a new piece of masking tape when you switch arrow setups? Just make more confusing marks on the old one. View attachment 247996
No. Just no.

My OCD can't take it.

NOOOO!

Wish I could send you are snow!! We got 4” the other day and supposed to get another 2-4” tomorrow. Not even deer season yet and I might not be able to make it to my spot already.

Not gonna lie and pretend to be tough. I couldn’t hack it this morning. I threw in the towel about 9. I can handle extreme cold and snow. I can’t hack cold and soaking wet. So I went home dried out, and warmed up. Rain is petering out now. The clock is ticking on me tagging a big WT. The shame and embarrassment of failure is creeping in………….. again. 🤣

Not gonna lie and pretend to be tough. I couldn’t hack it this morning. I threw in the towel about 9. I can handle extreme cold and snow. I can’t hack cold and soaking wet. So I went home dried out, and warmed up. Rain is petering out now. The clock is ticking on me tagging a big WT. The shame and embarrassment of failure is creeping in………….. again. 🤣
You are only half way done with the peak rut about to happen. Get er done and bag those deer!

You are only half way done with the peak rut about to happen. Get er done and bag those deer!
Lockdown and rifle season are gonna make it harder to kill a big one in a week or so. I put a lot of hope in last night and this morning with that big front pushing through. Kinda deflated those didn’t pan out. I’m looking forward to tomorrow though. Snow/ice storm coming in early in the morning lasting until mid morning. I killed my biggest non rifle buck in a horrible freezing rain storm in 2015. Bad weather produces results.

Nothing worse than 35 and rain. I used to hunt in conditions like that. Now I sit by the fireplace and sip whiskey. Snow and cold are much better!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back