Nebraska “slam” attempt

Whatever happened to the squirrel thing?
The cook? They’re still in the freezer, I’m hoping to get a few more but I need to kill a dang deer first. I’m tired of losing and breaking arrows shooting at them.

I agree. So I got a little backstory that this thing was supposedly seen up there before but hasn’t been seen for 2-3 years. I’m definitely no goat expert.
It is quite fascinating. All this time I thought you were kidding about the steeps you hunted... turns out at least one billy agrees ha

I'm not sure where you're at in NE, but probably wandered from the Black Hills. That must be the nearest goat herd.

I'm not sure where you're at in NE, but probably wandered from the Black Hills. That must be the nearest goat herd.
That seems plausible. That picture was taken just south of the Niobrara river valley north of Ainsworth Nebraska. The black hills aren’t that far from there, and the river valley provides a route. I wasn’t sure if there were goats in the black hills or not.

That seems plausible. That picture was taken just south of the Niobrara river valley north of Ainsworth Nebraska. The black hills aren’t that far from there, and the river valley provides a route. I wasn’t sure if there were goats in the black hills or not.
They were introduced to the BH years ago. Not native, but they are there and quite tame. It would not surprise me that one has wandered your way - much like the lions.

I’m getting absolutely taken behind the woodshed by deer this year. Got in here this morning, my back is to this thick clump of cedars, so thick it’s hard to walk through. That’s where my scent is blowing and I’m sure in my own pea brain a buck would skirt it and not doze in there. I rattle a little bit. 5 minutes later I hear crashing in the cedars. It’s a big buck 10 yards down wind of me in the middle of those cedars looking for me. He gets enough of a whiff he’s had enough and walks off.

When ya suck ya suck.
9BBFA836-C836-47BD-A1F5-19516985F71D.gif

That'd really make you do a double take seeing him out there.
There are a handful of goats in the Black Hills. Has to be the only plausible scenario. I'd imagine it took off from the Custer State Park area, got into the badlands and kept walking until he found some drainages that meet up with the Niobrara and took that most the way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back