ND Mule Deer

hardscrabble

I had been dreaming about have this tag for years now and had one buck in particular that I was looking for. We hunted hard for a total of six days and passed on many bucks looking for "the one".

I passed on a real nice buck with a cheater on Friday morning that I probably should have taken. He just didn't give me the initial feeling of SHOOT. My friend Glen who was along my side the hole hunt was kind of dissapointed I did not shoot the buck but I knew there were better ones in the area.

The plan for the Sunday which was the last moring was to glass in our honey hole for the first hour or soon then go back and find the buck I passed on Friday. Well when this guy showed himself I decided that we had hunted way to hard to come home with nothing so I proceded to miss him twice before putting him down. He is not the buck I had my sights set on or the caliber of deer that are in the area but I am happy to taken him. Even though he is smaller then the one I was going to try and find later Sunday morning.
2010 ND (3).jpg

2010 ND (6).jpg

Looks bigger with the little guy holding him :)
2010 ND (8).jpg

And as luck always has it way Muley1 spotted a mid 170's buck Sunday morning at about the same time I shot this buck. He came over to tell me about it so we could go after it. Too late.... but you can help me pack this guy out instead.

Nothing wrong with that buck. Sounds like you and Muley1 need to work on your timing though;) With the luck you have at pulling tags you will probably be out there again next year. Congratulations!

Congrats on a great buck. All hunts where you give it that kind of effort is a trophy.

well done. had a hell of a good hunt. liked the weather too going from 75degrees first wknd to 3degrees on sunday.

I will say that Hardscrabble worked his rear end off this season and there is definately nothing wrong with a buck like this after the effort he put in. Congrats again Ed!

Thanks for the kind compliments guys. I just wish I didn't have to wait so long to get another tag. Maybe luck will be on my side and I will draw two years in a row.

Back