Ncaaf preseason poll

Interesting how SEC fans brag on other successful SEC teams. No other confernece does so.

When was the last time Tenn was relevant in anything but womens basketball?

Interesting how SEC fans brag on other successful SEC teams. No other confernece does so.

When was the last time Tenn was relevant in anything but womens basketball?

Their football team was pretty good in the late 90s. Ranked 3rd going into the 1997 Orange Bowl game against Nebraska. Payton Manning was a senior and the Vols QB. The Huskers tore them apart..

The pre season rankings are such a joke. compare them in just the 4-5th week of the season and half the teams that were ranked pre won't be there no more. A lot of the big name teams won't play any one from another big conference on a home and home series cause they know they have a good chance at losing that away game and that blows their record for the year .Arizona State played at Notre Dame last year or the year before and now ND is trying to get out of the game at ASU. That is bull Crap. A lot of the big name teams if bad one year will be ranked High to begin then will fall out of the rankings once they loose 2 or 3. Same crap happens in My fav. sport of basketball. Prime example, I grew up in Penn. in 60-70's I was not a Penn State fan. ( was a Pitt. fan) and didn't live in Pitt. Penn State had very few great teams and was always ranked to high. They allways had a weak sched. they were a independent then. Once the moved to the big ten their record went to hell. I can name many basketball teams that happens to.......BOB!,,,,Ps ,We all know the sad ending of the Penn State story with jerry Sandusky.

Last edited:
Tom, I'll be willing to bet that there will be more SEC teams in the final top ten, than any other conference at the end of the season! And even though I love my Georgia Bulldogs, I have to say I'd be willing to bank on 'Bama winning it all, again this year, unless the damned 'Gators end up being better than they should be.

PS: Don't count out the 'Cocks this year. Spurrier is actually talking positively about his team for a change!!!!!!!!!

My mistake----FIVE SEC teams in dumbazz pre-season poll
If idiot Johnny Football gets his eligibility revoked for being a total fool, then it could interesting again.

Uh, roadhunter, I feel sorry for you living in an area that you don't take pride in.....btw, check out long term stats on UT's overall football record.....not too shabby huh? Even tho we been shabby for several years now.
NVLongbow, of course UT got murdered by NB....they blew the SEC Champs game which would have got them a shot at Natl Champs....the team didn't even want to go to a Bowl Game after letting LSU beat them.....Have a nice day!

Ronald, what makes you think I would bet against a sure thing???
Just wait til 2014 when we have a playoff season more fugged up than current system! What happens if PAC 12 or BIG TEN have 2 or 3 teams ranked in top 4? Sorry, can't play! Gotta be Conference Champs!

Last edited:
My mistake----FIVE SEC teams in dumbazz pre-season poll
If idiot Johnny Football gets his eligibility revoked for being a total fool, then it could interesting again.

Uh, roadhunter, I feel sorry for you living in an area that you don't take pride in.....btw, check out long term stats on UT's overall football record.....not too shabby huh? Even tho we been shabby for several years now.
NVLongbow, of course UT got murdered by NB....they blew the SEC Champs game which would have got them a shot at Natl Champs....the team didn't even want to go to a Bowl Game after letting LSU beat them.....Have a nice day!

!
Don't feel sorry for me. You are the guy who roots for one of the most underachieving programs in the country. 100k people show up to watch your Vols lose just about every conference game. I'd hate to know how many millions of dollars the Vols spend for each football win. Bet it is at least 10-20 million per win.

I really dont care how yo did 20, 30, 40 + years ago. Hell if that mattered Princeton and Yale would be a big deal since they have won more NCAA football championships than anybody (55 combined). Fans care about the last 5-10 years inthe BCS era. That's why teams like Oregon, Stanford, TCU, WVU, etc.. are more popular than the Vols these days because they have BCS wins.

Has nothing to do with not taking pride in your region. Its about bragging and taking credit for smeone elses accomlishments. Would be like bragging about B&C elk that your buddy shot when he went hunting. Has nothign to do with you, you were not there, so why try to take credit for it becsue you are friends or live in the same town. I can see you chanting B&C B&C taunting other hunters out in the field becasue you know a guy on Hunt talk who shot a B&C elk. No differnt than Ole Miss fans chanting SEC SEC at a game becasue Bama won a championship.

Tennessee didnt' win or even play for any of those championships so why take credit for them. It's an SEC thing. Mountain West teams don't brag about Boise winning BCS games. Washington State doesn't brag about Oregon being really good and start chanting PAC PAC PAC like a bunch of SEC fans constantly do.

roadhunter, you need some prep H to take care of whatever it is that's got you so anally revved up?

Once again, some people fail to understand that SEC football is representative of Southern pride. We may hate a rival team in the conference; but if that team ends up as the champ and represents our conference in the national championship game, then the entire SEC gets behind the champ and supports them..........even if it's those damn 'gators........................

I am a huge fan of the real UT and I root for the Tide. Saban is a boss....so is Miles.

The University of the South at Sewanee, TN beat all those Ivy League teams and anyone else who played them for years......so what?
Won a BCS game??? Whoopee! They are predetermined by the setup that created it. Are you really saying the Big East or even ACC, on the field, have deserved a BCS game? Most bowls mean nothing except revenue! A 6-5 team deserves a bowl game! Really?! If the MT West or Big Sky or whatever want to be included , then schedule some premier opponents even ones with tarnished records like UT in recent years!
We will be back----most have never been there! Only a couple beat us in overall wins.
RT, only time I ever rooted for FL was when they played OSU for Natl Champs.....hope I never have to again! BTW, I do know one Bama grad who actually rooted for Auburn once----when they were playing UT and a loss would give Bama the conference champs!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back