Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

NCAA Wrestling Championships

I have a ton of respect for how Marinelli beat Joseph in the finals two weeks ago. I have zero respect for how he beat Wick in the semis. I know Marinelli has had Wicks number all year but I was glad to see they are on the same side of the bracket and hope they see each other again.

I'm not picking scores, cause you never know how that'll go. But (Heres some unoriginal picks):

125: Rivera (NW) over Lee (IA)
133: Micic (MI) over Fix (OKST)
141: Diakomihalis (COR) over Lee (PSU)
149: Ashnault (RUT) over Jordan (OHST)
157: Nolf (PSU) over Deakin (NW)
165: Joseph (PSU) over Wick (WI)
174: Valencia (ASU) over Hall (PSU)
184: Martin (OSU) over Rasheed (PSU)
197: Nickal (PSU) over Moore (OHST)
HWT: Stevenson (MN) over White (OKST)

For the record I think 5 of the top 6 HWT are in the bottom half of that bracket.

I like your picks for the most part. I like seeing Lee in the finals at 141. If he can keep the match with McKenna close in the first 2 periods and then turn it on in the 3rd like he did in the dual he will be fine. Penn State doesn't gas out like Ohio State guys do... Don't think he'll beat Diakomihalis in the finals though.

I don't see Valencia beating Hall. I was at the match in State College and Valencia was gassed. He looks like he is cutting too much weight. Making weight for 3 days at nationals is going to zap the energy right out of him. He is obviously very good, but I don't see him making the finals due to the weight issue. I could be wrong though.

Even though I'm a homer I've never been that impressed with Rasheed. I'd love to see him make the final, but my gut just tells me he is going to be a disappointment.

Anything can happen at HWT. I think Cassar is going to make the final, but don't think he'll beat White.

I don't see Valencia beating Hall. I was at the match in State College and Valencia was gassed. He looks like he is cutting too much weight. Making weight for 3 days at nationals is going to zap the energy right out of him. He is obviously very good, but I don't see him making the finals due to the weight issue. I could be wrong though.

I had to pick one upset....

I have a ton of respect for how Marinelli beat Joseph in the finals two weeks ago. I have zero respect for how he beat Wick in the semis. I know Marinelli has had Wicks number all year but I was glad to see they are on the same side of the bracket and hope they see each other again.

I'm not picking scores, cause you never know how that'll go. But (Heres some unoriginal picks):

125: Rivera (NW) over Lee (IA)
133: Micic (MI) over Fix (OKST)
141: Diakomihalis (COR) over Lee (PSU)
149: Ashnault (RUT) over Jordan (OHST)
157: Nolf (PSU) over Deakin (NW)
165: Joseph (PSU) over Wick (WI)
174: Valencia (ASU) over Hall (PSU)
184: Martin (OSU) over Rasheed (PSU)
197: Nickal (PSU) over Moore (OHST)
HWT: Stevenson (MN) over White (OKST)

For the record I think 5 of the top 6 HWT are in the bottom half of that bracket.

I agree that Wick could get Marinelli like he did last year. He will have to turn him from top because marinelli is the only one that has taken shots in the first two matches. They were both painfully boring to watch!

I agree with heavies too. And I would go as far as saying 1-5 are on the bottom with the 6th place finisher on top. I think Stevenson and Cassar will be firing if they wrestle. When each of them did decide to shoot there was no defense, it was like they were drilling!

Lots of good wrestling yesterday, with lots more today and Saturday. There were a few upsets with most at the lower seeds, but Rasheed was big. He has a long ways to go to be an AA. physically he is capable but mentally, I don’t know.
133 Micic vs Desanto this morning will be big.
285 Stoll vs Wood, I thought Stoll would beat him originally so I don’t see why not now.

rasheed shit the bed, may have messed up the PSU domination, OSU still got 10 in after dae one
Yes he did. He is a very sloppy wrestler that seems to get into bad positions and thinks he can funk his way out of them like Nolf and Nickal do, but he isn't on their level.

Wasn't a fan of the no takedown call on RBY against DeSanto. Am I the only one who can't stand DeSanto? He just clamps down, rams his head into the face of his opponent and just moves his feet in place to look like he is doing something. A cheap way of stalling in order to get stall calls against your opponent in my opinion. Not to mention he is a hot head...

I'm really looking forward to all the heavyweight matches this year.

Technology is Awesome! Realized I have sling TV this Am and got it set on my desk top at work. Just watched Marinelli piss down his leg. People looking in my office wondering why I am bobbing all over the place and pounding the desk!

Last edited:
well the bull may have wrecked iowa's chance at a 2nd place. I am a cheese head and I am gonna go out on a limb an say wick upset vinny joseph at 165 in final

Someone must have stole the hawks offense from their motel. Desanto, lugo, marinelli, and stoll could not get to their offense. At least marinelli went down trying something.

Lots of good matches during the quarterfinals! It will get even better tonight and tomorrow! If you have the espn app and a cable/satellite subscription you can watch every mat individually.

lugo and stoll werent really figured to be go much further tho.

i have roku at home i can watch everything on the espn replays also.

I am just curious how bad of an ass kicking nolf is gonna put on berger after his cocking off a couple weeks ago on twitter, if berger makes the final.

I Wish! Have a great time I will watch the finals on the tube.

I really like that 133lbr from Michigan (Michici??) and Joey McKenna from Iowa at 141 and of course Bo Nickal from Penn at 184. I look forward to watching on the tube but if I could be there I would.
I'm sitting in Pittsburgh. Tourney has been great. Looking forward to Friday night and Saturday.

Attachments

• 20190321_114104.jpg
    20190321_114104.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 20190321_154104.jpg
    20190321_154104.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I like your picks for the most part. I like seeing Lee in the finals at 141. If he can keep the match with McKenna close in the first 2 periods and then turn it on in the 3rd like he did in the dual he will be fine. Penn State doesn't gas out like Ohio State guys do... Don't think he'll beat Diakomihalis in the finals though.

Even though I'm a homer I've never been that impressed with Rasheed. I'd love to see him make the final, but my gut just tells me he is going to be a disappointment.

Anything can happen at HWT. I think Cassar is going to make the final, but don't think he'll beat White.
This is different. Zahid will weigh in early morning and have all day to bulk up. He'll weigh way more on Saturday night

This is different. Zahid will weigh in early morning and have all day to bulk up. He'll weigh way more on Saturday night
True to a certain degree. When you're cutting that much weight, have to weigh in for 3 days (actually make 174 all 3 days because they don't give you a pound each day like in high school), and then eat all day it can make you very lethargic.

I hope Zahid and Hall both make the finals. I want Hall to beat the best opponent in his weight class.

I finally got a finals selection right. (149) can only get 165, 174, 197, and HWT right yet.

That was some awesome wrestling.

Can't believe how bad Riviera got pounded.

Even though it pains me to say it, I thought Hindlay got robbed against Nolf. He out wrestled Nolf and should have had that takedown at the end of the first period.

Thank you Max Dean for beating Martin.

Cassar slowed the match down and wrestled smartly. Great story and hopefully he can cap it off with a win against White tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back