NCAA Wrestling Championships

I’ve heard some people say they will open the whole stadium and some people say they will block seats off. I remember when it was in the unidome in cedar falls, I can’t wait for it to be in a big stadium again. I’m going to make the 3 hour trip next year!
Yep, sounds like they are selling tickets all over the stadium. I am NOT sure of the view. With that stated tickets will be really reasonable. I hear they may sell 25,000 - 30,000 if possible. Bring your binoculars :)

It's too bad I am on an extended TDY (considered a deployment, but stateside) and wasn't home. I would have gotten tickets to Nationals this year since it was only 3 hours away. Hopefully they will bring it back to State College at some point. I was at the Bryce Jordan Center when it was held there and watched Cael win his first National Championship.

WAY TO GO JOE! GREAT COLLEGIATE WRESTLING CAREER!

PITTSBURGH – Redshirt senior Joey Goodhart of the Drexel wrestling team closed out his time at the 2019 NCAA Championships in Pittsburgh, Pa. from PPG Paints Arena on Friday afternoon. Goodhart was the only Dragon of Drexel's four NCAA qualifier to advance into the second day of competition. With a loss on Friday to Ohio State's Chase Singletary, Goodhart ends his collegiate career with a 102-51 record, good for 8th on Drexel's all-time career wins leaderboard.

Thank you, fellas! It's not how I wanted my career to end but it was a hell of a ride!

Thank you, fellas! It's not how I wanted my career to end but it was a hell of a ride!
JD: I'll try to look you up in some online videos. Wondering at what weight you wrestled? I mean like 285 or like a Snyder or Cassar on the light side. What was your most memorable match? Last did you ever go up against a Snyder and how did you do. I can only imagine every day on the mat was fun. THANKS.

JD: I'll try to look you up in some online videos. Wondering at what weight you wrestled? I mean like 285 or like a Snyder or Cassar on the light side. What was your most memorable match? Last did you ever go up against a Snyder and how did you do. I can only imagine every day on the mat was fun. THANKS.

Coming into college I weighed about 245. Each year I put on about 15-20lbs and this year I weighed in at 276 on Friday at NCAAs. I never really looked but I'm sure there are plenty of matches of me on Flo. Probably my most memorable match was my junior year when I beat Doug Vallaro of Lehigh in their gym. Doug was ranked I think 10th in the country at the time and I was going through a bit of a slump. That win gave me a ton of confidence because it was my first win in my career against a Top 10 guy. Winning in the EIWA semis my Juinor year against a guy that had beat me earlier that year was also pretty memorable.

I've never wrestled Kyle in actual competition but I have wrestled with him a few times at practice out at the Olympic Training Center. He is the real deal, to say the least. He's a great dude and really genuine person.

Jd, what are your plans after college?
Gellar, sorry I missed this post. I decided to hang up the shoes and have begun looking for jobs. It has been an extremely long 5 years from a physical standpoint. I'm mostly sales type stuff, specifically in the medical device field. Dream job would be doing something involving hunting and fishing but we can't have it all. I'm sure I'll get back involved in wrestling in some capacity once I have a healthy break from it.

Gellar, sorry I missed this post. I decided to hang up the shoes and have begun looking for jobs. It has been an extremely long 5 years from a physical standpoint. I'm mostly sales type stuff, specifically in the medical device field. Dream job would be doing something involving hunting and fishing but we can't have it all. I'm sure I'll get back involved in wrestling in some capacity once I have a healthy break from it.
I began wrestling in first grade and went through college. Dislocating my elbow multiple times forced me to quit, but looking back I was ready mentally too. I didn’t know what I wanted to do either and still don’t. But I am lucky I enjoy my job and get to spend time outside! I always tell my interns to take a chance, now is the time to try new things and go new places. Do not limit yourself in your search of a job because of where you want to live or work but always have an end goal in mind! Good luck!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back