MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Nannies or Billies?

Once you're close, BIG is as easy to spot as wondering if a 350 bull is big. These two goats are in the XL category.

Once you're close, BIG is as easy to spot as wondering if a 350 bull is big. These two goats are in the XL category.

I think you're right because right before the guy shot he asked what I thought and I said I don't know but it doesn't look as big as we thought (80yds). He shot anyways and was sorely disappointed. Like I said I'm no expert. You should run those photos by your friend up the Paradise. He's got as good of eye as any on goats.

Bart, log into facebook and look at the video. Somethings about a living, moving animal on video is better than a photo. These goats are either really big, or really really big. When they get some hair, they'll look like abominable mountain gorillas.

Bart, log into facebook and look at the video. Somethings about a living, moving animal on video is better than a photo. These goats are either really big, or really really big. When they get some hair, they'll look like abominable mountain gorillas.

Ok I just did and you're not kidding. For not having hair they are on the obese side:eek: Wonder how far they will travel from now until good hair time? Wow must be a "chuck a rama" near by or else they have a thyroid problem. I don't think you'll find much bigger than that in that country. I'd be excited for sure!

Big goats are like big black bears...when you see one you just know. Significant difference between three year old billies and 6+ year olds. When you see a few they aren't too tough to tell the difference. Those two are big goats. I would bet money they are 6+ years old. Check out the "forearms"..just massive.

6 weeks and I'm off to BC for my first goat hunt. What did I get myself into?

I'll be praying for a chance at a billy like you have on your avatar!

I'm glad I'm going on a guided hunt. I'd be shooting a nanny! Not that I'm against that where legal. I just don't know the first thing about these amazing, underrated critters!

I do not believe Greenhorn shoots unless it is HUGE! #1,
#2 - was going to say, reading the 1st few posts, what are you all looking at? Those are massive billies without their hair! Good God man.
Greenhorn, at 167#, means you have small hands --- all @#)(#? No way.

You guys really think you're going to tell GH something he doesn't already know when he starts a thread like this? Its kinda funny, in a way. Of course they're fuggin billies...

I read every book I could on Mt. Goats. Looked at every picture and video I could. I was totally confident in my ability to judge a billy from a nanny. That is until I shot a 9 3/4" NANNY:confused: Good Luck....Best Huning Experience Ever!!

I was 167 this AM, all ribs and @#)(#.

Wee man..... I am bulking up on ShockTop and MGD. I plan on weighing more than Miller and you put together by November. Only way I will lose weight is if they take my liver out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back