Caribou Gear

Name these things?

Tom

The pictures were taken yesterday in the Texas hill country area.
sunday1.jpg

sunday2.jpg

sunday3.jpg

What do you think?

The thing in the middle looks like a cross between a water buffalo and a domestic cow.

1_pointer, I think you're right, but I never saw a blonde water buffalo, have you? I guess I could ask the ranch about it sometime and see if it is a cross.

Could be a color phase due to cross-breeding. Same as they get certain colors in dogs. However, I wonder if the fact that it's a juvenile and in a totally different environment to contribute to the color difference.

Its not a fence like for pets. Its a fence, like putting them on an island. They still run around a lot, act wild a lot.

Who knows, we could probably take one of your 4H project animals, if its young, move it to a more wild enviroment, chase it around, shoot at it, not feed it by hand from a bucket, and it might go back to being wild.

Here's a question for you 280 and others. Suppose a biologist determined a group of deer could live in 100 acres, like some places here, we have a deer every 10 acres in the free range of some counties.

Now, suppose we dig a mote they are unlikely to cross around the 100 acres, suppose its an island, suppose we high fence it. Do those deer become not wild then? I think they become more restricted or impaired in distant movement, but remain wild, if they live on their own in there.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-10-2003 08:57: Message edited by: Tom ]</font>

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back