Name that Animal

I saw several similar animals on a recent trip to a Texas game ranch. They called them Angora or New Zealand Goats.

KC

I would say No way fo the Dahl sheep.... no way at all ?

dahlsheepbg.jpg

and an Angora Ram has different horn Base's , they are more like a Spanish goat..... :

Angora_n_Hog.jpg

I'd lay bet that it's a Cross bread of some game farm spiecies. Probably a "Shetland ram" :

ab2jpg.jpg

Sometimes they cross bread several rams to get different horn groths then cross breadthe cross bread rams. A texas Dahl look like :

015.jpg.w560h420.jpg

And has a Distinct "MANE" like a goar in front. So they could have done some Cross breading with those ......

So my Answer.....

I have no Fuggin IDEA :D :D

That looks like a Merino sheep for Records of Exotics, or rambo ram to me, we call them down here. The guy with it, looks like a 6 ft 4 inch guy I know from California. Where did you get the picture?

Moosie is holding a Catalina for Records of Exotics, or a New Zealand mountain goat is another name, we call them down here, because some are wild in New Zealand. But there's not an ROE category for New Zealand mountain goat, so it goes in ROE as a catalina. Its an angora goat, they make mohair out of that hair, but that's the farm type animal name. I call it a New Zealand mountain goat, the one Moosie is holding.

I would get a skull mount out of either one of those, they look like furry teddy bears with that hide, like they should be hugged. I guess, it depends on who shoots it.

Tom he is from Southern California..He is my Ex BF...LOL

His name is Ryan...and yeah he is a 6 ft 4 inch guy. We were friends after we seperated for a while and emails me from time to time, just to see how everything is. I have not heard from him for a few months so instead of trying to email him, I thought I would ask on here.

I was trying to describe this animal to Robert and that is what I thought was a bighorn sheep :rolleyes: but I was wrong... I was thinking Ryan got that thing in Texas and WH says there are a lot of exotic animal farms down there. Anyhos I found this picture on one of my archive picture CD's and wanted to pick your minds!!!

Tom , Just wondering

Are you a member of the Big Game New Mexico and Beyone site (think that is what it is called)

OK Tom I think I used to talk to you on Gilamonsters board!!!

I just checked the new site and Your on there :D

Small A$$ World!! Did you not start a new Texas website!!!

Ryan is the guy I know. He's married now, i.e. last I heard. I think he has a third child now with his new wife? I thought he got that animal in California?
Yes, I'm a member of that. Ryan used to be active in it.

Hi all!

Its a Merino sheep. You can hunt them on Catilina Island off the coast of Kalifornicate.

Bow hunted them 20 years ago

See Ya

cls.....Thanks for clearing that up..... :D ....

I thought it was a DALL sheep with an ARGALI helmet and a new PERM.... ;) ...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back