PEAX Equipment

Mystery Ranch Rumor...

Excellent. I've been waiting to hear more about this pack. Any photos or maybe a description of the internal layout? Do they have an idea when it will be available yet?

I'm curious if it has any internal pockets at all as I heard a it was just a bag and I really like the Longbow layout internally. I also wonder If there is a meat shelf incorporated when you take the pack off the frame? What do you think of the side zip access vs the tri zip?

Pete

I also like the longbow, but with a little use, I found the full length side zip allowed super fast access to anything inside. Not sure about the final version, but I think it might have one very small mesh zipper pocket. The outer compression straps kept everything tight. THere's no "shelf" but the bag can cinch anything to the frame, just like the longbow. I like both the tri and side zip, but prefer the side zip for this bag... it's also a top-loader, just no zip on top - drawstring closure. I usually used a lid from my 6500 bag on the top, but I think they might be providing a smaller lid with the Metcalf. Final version should have a frame extension built into the bag so you can pull the weight over your shoulders if it's fully loaded. It'll be a kick ass bag no doubt about it.

I'll probaby still use my longbow, but just for day trips. Overnighters, I'll be using this one. Don't know when it's going to be available, but I'll be first in line to grab one.

Does this pack have their new rifle carry system. Stopped by MR store a couple weeks ago and they were saying they were coming out with a pack that had a rifle carry system.

Cowboy - There's a pack on their website called the "Overload" I think that's now 3000 cu in that does havea rifle carry system. It's not like the pack being described here though. It's primarily a day pack with almost the exact same construction as the Longbow, except it's a little larger, has two external pouches and a rifle carry system.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back