Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

My very first Tactacam photo

windymtnman

After reading the reviews of the Tactacam Reveal X, I bought one. The price is actually cheaper than many, and I wanted one that I could transmit pics to my phone. ( I know you can't do this during hunting season, as it's illegal).
The camera is up on the mountain behind my ranch on a Spring, and I was wondering if I'd be successful due to the distance from a cell tower, but the altitude up there helps me gain some strength in this regard.
This is the very first photo I got.
I had some issues getting the camera synched to my phone, but the customer service people were great and walked me through a process over the phone. They also have a very active Facebook group that has polite people on there willing to offer advice.
This camera is out of stock from a lot of popular vendor companies, but I found a source that seems to be able to supply them.
At present, I'm very satisfied with the camera.

Attachments

• 6pt. Bull.JPG
    6pt. Bull.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 141
After reading the reviews of the Tactacam Reveal X, I bought one. The price is actually cheaper than many, and I wanted one that I could transmit pics to my phone. ( I know you can't do this during hunting season, as it's illegal).
The camera is up on the mountain behind my ranch on a Spring, and I was wondering if I'd be successful due to the distance from a cell tower, but the altitude up there helps me gain some strength in this regard.
This is the very first photo I got.
I had some issues getting the camera synched to my phone, but the customer service people were great and walked me through a process over the phone. They also have a very active Facebook group that has polite people on there willing to offer advice.
This camera is out of stock from a lot of popular vendor companies, but I found a source that seems to be able to supply them.
At present, I'm very satisfied with the camera.
Would you mind giving your source? My older Moultries work great but new one I bought last summer just started eating batteries. I want to try a Reveal X. Thanks!

I have had mixed things so far, I am comparing them to the Spypoints I used the last two years and were not impressed with.

Things I like about Tactacam Reveal X
-Pricepoint
-Picture quality is better than Spypoint
-Easy to setup
-More setting features compared to spypoint

Things I do not like about Reveal X
-Does not batch send photos. This is bad for 2 reasons
1. It takes nearly an hour for the camera to send me all the photos it took the previous night, usually around 200
2. While transmitting photos the camera is not working and can miss game. I did not know this so was having the camera transmit during primetime unknowing that it wasn't taking pictures for over an hour.
-I think they were bugs but I had multiple cameras not send pictures at the designated times, could be a service issue too
-Another camera kept switching to sending pictures instantly.

Like with the spypoints I get frustrated putting cameras out 200 miles away and have them fail in the field. But when they work they work great. For the price it's a good buy.

I'm not sure how this product compares to Reconyx HF2XC. I have the Reconyx cellular cameras and can't think of anything I don't like about them. I had one camera (out of several) that locked up on me and wouldn't respond till I went out and manually cycled the power on/off. The remote features give you lots of options. Mule Deer_0219.jpegFox_0359.jpegBobcat_0216.jpeg

These are also great backup to my home security system. I'll leave one or two hidden in the house in case a savvy burglar overcomes the standard security stuff.

Does not batch send photos. This is bad for 2 reasons
1. It takes nearly an hour for the camera to send me all the photos it took the previous night, usually around 200
Why do you do the batch sends? Honestly curious I have the Reveal X and do the instant send and have gotten pictures with timestamps within 30 seconds of each other.

Other than Ebay, anyone know if these are in stock somewhere?
Gander Outdoors had them on Wednesday. You'll need to get on the "in-stock" notifications lists for several vendors if you want one for less than $200

This guy diligent keeps track of who has them in stock

Why do you do the batch sends? Honestly curious I have the Reveal X and do the instant send and have gotten pictures with timestamps within 30 seconds of each other.
For me personally, I do not want the camera missing animals. While the camera is sending a picture, it is not taking more pictures. I have a lot of them on traffic areas, no bait or anything so a camera taking 20-30 seconds to send a picture is too long and could miss critters. Not to mention a battery waster.

For me personally, I do not want the camera missing animals. While the camera is sending a picture, it is not taking more pictures. I have a lot of them on traffic areas, no bait or anything so a camera taking 20-30 seconds to send a picture is too long and could miss critters. Not to mention a battery waster.
Makes sense, I have always used mine on the instant mode. Never thought about the not taking pictures part. My setups are exactly like yours might have to change how I do it thanks for the insight.

Makes sense, I have always used mine on the instant mode. Never thought about the not taking pictures part. My setups are exactly like yours might have to change how I do it thanks for the insight.
If I was on a bait pile I would probably do instant, but with a travel corridor and my cams taking pics every 5 seconds I didn't want to. I have spotty service too where they are at on my elk spots.

The Reveal App leaves much room for improvement. I'm not overly sold on this camera. The photo quality is good, which is important but until they make setting up the camera and managing it in the app more intuitive, I would rather run a Stealth Cam Reactor which has just as good photo quality and a much better app. Even the Spypoint apps are better than Tactacam's.

Back