My turn to share a hunt

Beautiful buck! I've been hunting whitetails since 1963 and have never killed better than 10 pointers. A typical 12 pointer like that big one is one in a million---Congrats!

I love looking at big whitetail bucks be it in magazines, online, in person, in stores, etc. I can count the true 7X7s I have seen on 2 fingers. True typical 6X6s are pretty darn rare as well. You will see bucks with 6+ points on one side, but they are nontypical stuff almost all of the time. 5x5s are very common. Plus, your buck has just a very nice shape and typicallness (new word?) to it. You are very fortunate to have had the chance for one and then you sealed the deal as well. There are many hunters that would have seen that rack and goofed up the shot! Go ahead and pat yourself on the back!

Great story, loved the "Hunting Husband" bit and that is a beautiful pair of antlers. The artist in me is envious. Congratulations

That is a great buck I love how symmetrical he is overall, usually once they get that big they start to develop NT points. Congratulations on a beautiful buck!

That is an awesome buck. Had you wanted to extend your season and not shoot that buck, I think you would have been disappointed. Congratulations, and thank you for sharing. Better luck next year having a longer season.:D

Back