My new ride again................

Elkhunter

OK, I went up to go on a nice trail ride today and that is just what it was, nice. I got there about 10:00 and shortly after we saddled the horses and headed out. She rode me around and told me where some of the trails were and made a nice loop back to their place where she said she would wait for me. I headed out and had about the best ride ever. Very smooth ride he is and full of energy beyond belief. We trotted throught the lodgepole forest like it was a slalom course, deadfall in the way he would just hop over it and keep up the pace. Hills that normally I would have walked my other horse up were like flat ground to him and when we came back down he he hesitated not, to reach the bottom in record time. Did the steep sidehills and it was the same thing, just as though it was flat. Then we hit some sage flats and went to loping and using the sagebrush as my new slalom course. The more he was used, the more he wanted to go. When we got done, I don't think he was even tired. This afternoon they took hime to town for his coggins and as soon as the results are back, Bullet is mine. Should be the middle of next week.

Here is a picture of Bullet just after I took the saddle of of him.
DSC01306.jpg

With the look on his face( Are we done so soon??) he wasn't quite done

Good looking animal elkhunter
hump.gif

Hunterman(Tony)

You got that right Tony. I think he would just keep going all day. That is the morgan in him.

I hope so too Nut.
For coggins they draw blood and send it to a lab to be checked. Horses need a coggins or Health Certificate to go from one state to another. The ranch I use for boarding requires it for all the horses, even if you do not intend to take the horse out of state.

Once he is fully mine, I have to get up inthe hills and see how the elk are doing. I want to go back to where me and Martin came across some nice meadows and explore and scout it some more. So you can count on more pictures. ;)

I think so Del.

That is one very nice looking animal Bill. Way to go and congrats on your newest family member, I wonder if some one will be sore tomorrow, and I don't mean the hoss... :D

Thanks Russ. No, won't be sore tomorrow. My ass is used to it and as I said, this one is a smooth ride.

Gunner, he is what I call the right height. I can get on him very easily, no stumps needed. ;) Don't know exactly how many hands he is. He is just a little taller than my last one.

KEWL HORSE man !!!!!
KUDOS !!!!

You know what the Best thing on the Outside of a man is... ERRR.. Or was that the Inside of a Horse... Uhhhh OHH never mind

Thanks Moosie. I willstill call you awhen I get something and ask for your help anyway. ;)

Go ahead and uncross your fingers Paws. The horse is mine as soon as the coggins results come back and say all is well. ;)

Thanks Kraven, I don't think it is too early. The husband of the lady I am buying him from was a very respected contractor in the valley. From what I have been told, all of his contracts were based on nothing more than a handshake. He is a true gentleman and his wife seems just as true. ;)

Just plain lucky to get your JEEP in the pic Gunner. ;)

Best of luck to you Bill and can't wait to see more pics of the beautiful creature.

I got a call from the owner tonight and the coggins came back fine and the vet has them for us to pick up. She also has a FAX copy of all his spring shots and the deal is set. By the end of the week, Bullet is mine. YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Bill. And wishing you and Bullet many successful hunting seasons and high country rides into the sunsets to come. :cool:

Way to go again Bill...I would imagine we won't be seeing you much on here for awhile as you will be seeing if you can run the legs off your new steed for the rest of the summer and into the early fall... :D Way to go man!!!! :D :D :D

LOL Russ. I will be having 3 day weekends again most of the summer which means I will head up on Friday, set up camp, go ride and Michele will come up after work on Fridays. I want to go back to where Martin and I were and push back from there. Will do me some fishing up there also. The creek is loaded with 6-8 inchers.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back