My Leupold Rx-1000

Lawnboy

Just thought I'd give a quick shout out for this rangefinder. It isn't the fancy TBR one but it has worked great. I went on a goat hunt over the weekend had a chance to play with it at some far distances. I was ranging goats across a drainage and obviously I couldn't hold it still enough to only pick up the goat but I ranged the boulders beside them. I read 1009 yds. on one try and some others were 1005 and 997. I couldn't believe it. I haven't really had that thing work like that before. I'm sure the rocks were just perfect for getting a reflective target but still that's amazing for a little hand held. I'm giving her two thumbs up.

I agree. I do have the TBR, and haven't really had the oppurtunity to really test its limits but its a solid little unit and the red lettering is very easy to read. I'll be testing out the bow mode on it in a couple weeks on my whitetail hunt in SD. Anyone looking for a rangefinder worth its price the Leupold Rx-1000 is a great unit.

you should try it out to like 26 yards, thats where it appears you need the help:):)LMAO....Sorry bart, you threw out the carrot, i had to hit it:)

you should try it out to like 26 yards, thats where it appears you need the help:):)LMAO....Sorry bart, you threw out the carrot, i had to hit it:)

No it was correct on the first range of 40. If I was hunting tame elk I could of told him to stop while I pull out the rangefinder and do another reading. Besides you should learn from your friends mistakes and not copy them;):D

That's it now you've made me mad. I'm going out tomorrow and will have a picture to post on Saturday. (fingers crossed):)

I got the rx-1000i from schmalts it was great, I wasnt able to range anything at 1000 yards, but was picking up some stuff at 900+, consistantly at 600 or less it never failed. Red LED even at its brightest was kind of hard to see in the blinding noon sun, but still managable get at every other time of the day though.

I think Fin is breaking me in a new Lupe RF this season Lawnboy.;) Do you know if it's the Rx-1000?:D

I love my rx-1000i TBR. The bow mode is awesome. I also picked mine up from schmalts at Predator optics. Great deal with a fast turn around.

I picked up a tbr 1000 before our antelope and deer hunt i was lil disappointed in the distance i could range on the wide open prarie, worked well on the rocks when we saw them but there wasnt many of them where we hunted. It still did a great job to about 6 to 700 yds just wouldnt read much beyond that.

[
Lawnboy..No you're getting the RX-999 model.:D It's still good just not the latest and greatest. You just love to harass me don't you.;)[/
Heck no, it's good to know I have you QC'ing the gear conveyor line...it's like Lucy stackin pies with all the gear Fin goes thru.:D

Last edited:
2 years. I've had several high end RF's including the Leica crf 1200 and the Swaro unit. The crf was hit and miss, and performed poorly in challenging light, fog, haze, etc. The Swaro ranged fine, but it was hard to get an accurate reading with the huge aiming circle. I bought the RX1000i to use this season. It is a great unit that has performed better than either the Leica or Swaro I had. I kept the Leupold, that's how much I like it.

I have the TBR - 1000 and have had great luck using it for antelope at distances and archery whitetails up close and personal.

good luck to all
the dog

Here is an inside deal. I cannot advertise the price because of policy, but I am offering the RX-1000i TBR Compact Rangefinder BLK with DNA
for $40 cheaper than Cabelas current price, plus get it shipped to lower 48 for free.

The non Black TBR model $30 cheaper, with free shipping to lower 48.

PM me if you want one, and include your email addy and proper shipping addy so I can send you the invoice payable with credit card or paypal. Offer ends Jan 6th or when out of stock.

Rx-1000 Mid-day problems

I have had some trouble seeing the red read-out in bright conditions... anyone have a solution to this, also if I try to range oakbrush, since that is sometimes the only option in our sea of Gambel's Oak around here, I get spotty readings. If I can find a rock or open hillside i'm golden.

Thoughts?

I have had some trouble seeing the red read-out in bright conditions... anyone have a solution to this, also if I try to range oakbrush, since that is sometimes the only option in our sea of Gambel's Oak around here, I get spotty readings. If I can find a rock or open hillside i'm golden.

Thoughts?

Set the read out at its highest setting, and that should take care of most of it. Do you wear glasses? If so, make sure the eyecup is rolled all the way down. If you do wear glasses, there is always more backlight that penetrates than if you don't wear glasses.

As far as ranging brush, I have not had that problem while ranging into oak brush across a hill or canyon. When I range across a long flat mesa, I have had some skip on the reading. Flat expanses of anything are hard for the device to get a precise reading with.

Thanks Fin,

I found the higher setting, looks like that might make the difference.
I have yet to use it in the snow... You?

]
I have yet to use it in the snow... You?

Yup. Works great. Used it many times in snow.

Ranged my whitetail bedded in a snowy field this year and thought it would skip, given how flat it was. Got a perfect reading, dialed the CDS, laid out the bipod, and with that comfort, even a marginal shot like me was able to kill the buck.

Also ranged my WY elk in the snow. He did have a big rock ten yards behind him, but was able to get a good reading from the bull himself.

Was practicing ranges while out wolf hunting before Christmas. Got good readings on most everything, except when you get real far away, like 700+ yards across a sage flat. Just hard for it to find a good object to reflect back on.

Nice... Thanks Fin

I have a doe tag good till the end of Jan., last year the deer were coming off a snow covered hill that it would have been great for. Should get to use it this year.:)

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back