Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

My last two Nebraska deer seasons...

Corey

Hello everyone, i'm brand new to this forum and thought i'd post a couple pictures from the last two Nebraska rifle seasons. I've enjoyed reading everyones posts and looking at their pictures, so I thought i'd add some of my own. Thanks for looking! p.s. the dates on my camera aren't all correct.

Corey

2007 Nebraska rifle buck, in the field.

2007buck7.jpg

On the wall.

dm3.jpg

2008 Nebraska rifle buck in the field with my helpers :)

2008b2.jpg

On the wall.

dm4.jpg

Hilight of the 2008 deer season, my oldest son's first deer.

2008b5.jpg

Some of my other bucks on the wall.
dm1.jpg

dm2.jpg

You know how to grow em/hunt em. Keep the pictures coming and welcome to the board.

Now that's good stuff right there. Incredible bucks! Thanks for sharing, and welcome to HT.

You seem to have it figured out.

I have seen others Nebraska bucks before and have to ask. Do you have to leave that metal tag on or is it just to remember what year?

Thank you very much for the welcome and the compliments, I appreciate it!!

I'm very fortunate to live where I do, I have some great hunting right out my back door.

This is a great forum, i'm surprised that I havn't found it before now.

Take care!!

Corey

It used to be a law that the metal tag needed to stay on. That law is off the books now, I leave them on i'm getting old enough its hard for me to remember what year I shot them in otherwise. :-D

a7.jpg

a6.jpg

Here is a couple pictures of a shed that my uncle found right across the line in Kansas, he's not a hunter and gave it to me. I just sent it off a week or so ago to be repaired, I believe the guy thats repairing it told me it scored around 90-95", I'd say if it was in perfect shape it would probably have another 15-20" on it that have either been broke or chewed off.

I also love to trap, my favorite animal to trap is Bobcats. This year coon were supposed to be good money so the kids and I set out coon traps, here is a picture of our first check. I found out i'm getting too old to be crawling up and down our steep creek banks.

If I get to posting too many pictures you guys let me know, early on in my life I didn't take enough. Now I probably take too many!!

08c4.jpg

I don't think too many pictures can ever be a problem.
Those are some gorgeous deer, looks like you've got some great genetics in the area.
Love the pile of coons too.

Welcome Corey. You're talking my language - big gnarly whitetails and trappin'. What can a guy do that is more fun than that? ;)

Keep 'em coming.

Some bobcats that i've caught, man they are pretty.

626920422209_0_BG.jpg

138030422209_0_BG.jpg

And a big kitty that I harvested in Utah a few years ago. Cougar hunting was quite a thrill for this flatlander. I was fortunate to make some friends out in Utah, we traded hunts Nebraska pheasants for Utah lion hunting. Hopefully when my two boys get a little bigger I can take them out there to lion hunt.

utah1.jpg

If you guys notice i'm pretty partial to my grey CaseIH sweatshirt, its been pretty lucky for me!!

Awesome pics Corey! Those are some dandy whitetails. I killed my first whitetail in Nebraska and have hunted there several times. You live in a great place. Keep the pics and stories coming.

Corey, Welcome to my..... Errrrrrrr.... I mean, This site :p

You know you're my new best friend right ?!?!!? :D

You traded a Pheasant hunt for a Cougar hunt ? Please tell me about that person, I have Idaho Frog hunting I would trade for a Cougar hunt !!! ;)

What would it take to get a Coon hide or bobcat hide from you ?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back