my good ol 2010

Great year Rocky!! That looks like one of those old school packboards that you've heard and seen used in Alaska and other areas. Awesome

yes the elk longest beam is 63", the other is around 60 or 61. He is a bow kill.

yes that is an authentic army/forest service packboard from the 60s/70s.

No, im not wearing any sitkagear in any of the pictures (oh nobody asked). though now i do own a pair of sitka pants so i should really have good hunting.

i brought home one beautiful set of moose paddles, the rest were found by friends. it was an awesome trip. Unfortunately we did not see one bear on a 10 day trip.

No, im not wearing any sitkagear in any of the pictures (oh nobody asked). though now i do own a pair of sitka pants so i should really have good hunting.

I thought Bitterrooters couldn't afford Sitka. :)

Impressive year and I am betting equally impressive taxidermist bill.

You shoot a poor tame park elk, trapped, while rutting in belly deep snow, after spotting him from your supercub - and now you're qualified to wear fashion hunting pants... Sitka athlete?

Awesome elk and goat.

Im still a true bitterrooter, I didn't pay I traded a set of elk sheds for sitka pants from a "dealer". He treated me really well, he actually surprised me by throwing in a bunch of sitka stuff on top of our deal for free. so i guess i lied, i have more than the pants. see that, the lies show ill always be a bitterrooter no matter how much id like to change. makes ya wonder how long my shots were, how much buzzing i did huh, whether i had tags, and if im a realtor.

Last edited:
Wow. good year for sure. Moose sheds got me excited... they'll be falling off here before too long

True Bitterrooters would be wearing frozen blue jeans, rich Bitterrooters would be wearing military surplus wool pants. At least thats the way it was in the 70's. Who knows now days.

Ya got me skeeret to put in for that HD next year for goat. I want an easy one.

That elk is amazing...
Most people don't realize the Bitterroot has that potential :D

Holy Crap Dog...very impressive! Either you "Represent the Lollipop Guild" or that Elk pic is the one of the best I have seen.

Nice work

Congrats on a great year! Love to know what your animals scored. Your user name should be lucky dog not rocky dog. Good job making the most out of those special draw tags.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back