My Gear List

Water purification? Or is that not a concern?
I know a guy that's been to every beartooth lake that's on the fishing reports and its somewhere in the 320 range on documented lakes. Never ate a Mountain House at one of them and never filtered any water the entire time. Took 30+ years to accomplish it.

I noticed that too, felt a twinge of jealously reading it.

I thought that as well, then thought I would list my gear, but I have no idea what brand name most of it is.

Solid list, sounds like a fun trip. Where are you headed?

I'm all packed and racked. Pack weight with rifle and 12 days of food is right at 45 lbs. Lightest I've ever had, taking a 1p tent and letting someone else pack the spotter is worth it. Cutting it down much lighter will get very expensive.

Good luck on the trip. Weather has been shit the last few days, streams are swollen in many places. Hope it dries out.

Hey Gomer
Why did you go with the 80mm scope over the 65mm?
With the extra space it takes up and weight difference, would you still buy it again vs the 65?

6-17 days depending on when/if there’s a kill.
ifn you spend 17 days out there , me thinks yer gonna need more food.

17 days AT 1.75 lbs a day is roughly 30 lbs just in food alone. no way round that , that I know of. just saying your pack weight is gonna be way over 50lbs

Last edited:
ifn you spend 17 days out there , me thinks yer gonna need more food.

17 days AT 1.75 lbs a day is roughly 30 lbs just in food alone. no way round that , that I know of. just saying your pack weight is gonna be way over 50lbs
Correct. We packed food for 8. Would have got an airdrop if we needed more but we walked out today and the pack was much, much more than 50 today

I thought that as well, then thought I would list my gear, but I have no idea what brand name most of it is.

Solid list, sounds like a fun trip. Where are you headed?

I'm all packed and racked. Pack weight with rifle and 12 days of food is right at 45 lbs. Lightest I've ever had, taking a 1p tent and letting someone else pack the spotter is worth it. Cutting it down much lighter will get very expensive.

Good luck on the trip. Weather has been shit the last few days, streams are swollen in many places. Hope it dries out.

That’s pretty good for pack weight with a rifle included. What’s your rifle setup? Stoveless food setup or dehydrated meals? Also how much water is in your pack at the 45lbs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back