My friend is back

Lawnboy

Hopefully he can make it through this season. I have pictures from last year. He's a bit heavier this year. Kind of fun to have animals right out the back door. I hate Montana:D

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• novelk102.jpg
    novelk102.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,014
  • novelk103.jpg
    novelk103.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,018
Awesome pictures! Great looking bull. That "backyard" looks picture perfect.

They were until they came off the mountain this morning. Now if I was to shoot him it would be considered tame,guided,easy, etc......Funny how his category changed just by location:D

That is one big mutha of a cow next to him on the right in the last picture.

Bart, I really think you should have me come over and take him out of the gene pool, that left antler is just too screwed up... I will sacrifice my tag just to help out the elk herd....

After your text, I decided to head out to the house to make sure they weren't harassing my dog. Fortunately, they were over at your place, eating your new landscaping.

Gonna use the telephone pole for my tree stand next year, or put a ground blind under the swing set in your back yard. He was attracting a lot of attention from vehicles, for sure. Mrs. Fin thought I was BS'ing. Thanks for the heads up.

Any bets someone smokes him from the road before season ends on Sunday? He needs to get back behind your house, or some desperate guy will start lobbing volleys our direction.

These were at about 3:00PM this afternoon.

IMG_5971.JPG

IMG_5973.JPG

Sharp objects and kids don't mix, I better come protect your kids from those sharp pointy antlers.

Fin I hope you're not right. I thought the same thing that someone would try a desperate shot at him illegally. This is the 2nd year to see him and I kind of like the ol boy. I would say that if he's on the mountain then he's fair game but for someone to pop him from 70yds in an open field:( I would hope he would have more of a chance than that.

No he died on Sunday afternoon in the neighboring farmers field. Dang it was fun seeing him around especially two years in a row. Kind of became attached to seeing him and knowing that during archery he was somewhere up on the mountain bugling. I better quit now or I'll start tearing up.:(;) Thanks for asking

Was it the last Sunday of season? You mean he missed making it through for another year, by a few hours of legal shooting light?

Damn, after reading this thread, I had my binos out this morning and was galssing from the reading room, hoping he was still out there. Guess not.

He would have been a good one to chase with a bow next fall.

Yes it was the last afternoon of the season. All the fields around my house were pretty much off limits to hunting and so they were safe. They decided for some reason to move about 3/4 of a mile away back towards the mountain. I guess some guy got permission from the landowner and that's all she wrote. RIP fella.

Back