My first goat mount

lilbiggun

My wife wanted me to learn taxidermy so she let me do this goat. what do you think? critiques anyone?

She was with me the whole time to make sure I didnt abort somebody elses critter.

I'm actually kinda proud of it. no, it wasnt killed with trash bags around the legs, we do things diferently up here but we are not that screwed up. had to protect the hair while we built the base. she helped me alot on that.

It basically started out as a lifesize right turn. we want to make it so it was running down hill at a left turn pose.

goat2002.jpg
goat2001.jpg

I really haven't spend that much time up close with goats to no for sure, but I think it looks really cool. I really like the half body mount form you went with.

lilbiggun,
I think it looks good. I don't like the "half mount" but I think your work looks good,espically for your first. Could you give us more details on your wifes taxidermy? Does she have a business? Or just hobby? Details man!

Kirkland,
Does this get you fired up for sept? If it doesn't, it should!!!

Ernesto---snowed in :(

Hey I'm a nascar fan Bush comes into play....lol

Yeah she has her own business, it started out as a hobby. shes been a taxidermist working for a business for about 12 years but got tired of working for someone. She wanted to keep doing it to make a few extra bucks. She loves it. She has her business license and all.

her "hobby" has grown to where we gotta start looking for a commercial property.

I got a lot to learn. I hate sewing. I'll leave the final work (ie: puttying and painting, etc) to her. I'm not that artistic.

The rest is in her ballcourt. I'll watch and learn. We have a good time working together.

Poor goat got into a squabble with a porcupine. Look forward to seeing the final product Joel.

Love the form. I have a critter in the freezer and am trying to decide....this one looks awesome.

Jim, you know the porkies up here have quills of steel, why do you think hes running....lol

i love the eye placement and the ears look just right...man you botch those and it screws a mount forever but those came out looking really good. i feel lost with the halfmount, keep looking for the rest of it...once its against a wall it should feel more normal. nice work.
i still love my bear rug your wife did....best money i've spent on taxidermy.
you guys gonna open up a real shop soon or something?

Thanks guys.

Jake, yeah. it looks like this spring we are gonna start looking for a place. With hunterfisher closed up, I'm not sure how long tundra is gonna stay in that place. we talked about renting out the old building when/if clint moves out of it. Good location, but it needs some work.

She's getting to much work to be doing it at the house, 'sides I want my garage back. Next time you talk to her, ask her how it feels to be a garage gal taxidermist. that'll get her going. I joke around about it all the time.

lilbiggun,
if you guys move and need some electrical work done give me a hollar, i'm an electrician in anchorage.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back