Yeti GOBOX Collection

My arrow just hit a TWIG en route to the deer of a lifetime

daltrix99

I couldn’t exaggerate if I wanted to. I check my shooting lanes. A 180” whitetail we’ve been hunting stepped out at 45yds. My arrow hit a twig that hid behind my sight. The ONLY twig. I’ve never even seen a deer this big.

I’ve never felt this level of devastation and despair. I’m moving to Tanzania to become a medicine man.

I heard someone else say “take that twig home with you, I have a couple of those trophy’s too.” 😂
Was it MTMuley?

I wish I would have taken the twig that deflected my arrow from what would have been my first bull. I was so upset and still think about it all the time. Still, the thought of having the twig makes me chuckle.

I did the same thing on a 50 yard rifle shot at a nice 6 point bull a few years ago in the aspens. It was painful.

Owch! That really sucks. I hit a sapling with my muzzleloader earlier this year, saving the life of a decent 8 point, but the biggest deer you've ever seen... That's rough. Keep at it!

Well @daltrix99 misery loves company. He may not be 180 or 190 in buck. But I arrowed biggest buck of my life tonight after hitting a branch. F****** sucks. I was wearing @EYJONAS! Pants so I thought that was good luck we'll see.
Damn dude I’m sorry that sucks. Best of luck on the search. Had another buddy lose a big deer recently too.

Before I ever killed a bull elk with my bow, I had arrows be deflected by twigs at least 3 times. The worst one was when a shot at a charging black bear got deflected and sailed past her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back